Sport Bikes banner

Motolights Added

1K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  FrednearBoston 
#1 ·
Added Motolights recently. The bike's fairing is perfect for hiding the harness, fuse and other wires that make up the installation.

Because of my dual-headlight mod, I switched out the stock 35w bulbs in the Motolights for 20w bulbs. I think that leaves me about 15 watts to play with if i ever need to. I had these lights on my last bike. The way they compliment the headlights to really light up the road at night is great. Motolights sent me 6.25" straps for the fork mounting - I had been hoping they would send 6.5" after I gave them the fork measurement. One strap clicks on with no wiggle room left - that one was easy. The other took me an hour and majorly cramped hands to get onto the fork.

Attachments

See less See more
#6 ·
SnapRolls said:
Why not do the caliper mounting? $$?
yeah, i already had the fork mount versions and i like the lights more forward than the caliper mount would allow.

segue - i just spent the last hour looking at angles. I still can't tell what would hit ground first, the light or the slider. I figured out that I could tilt the reflector and move the lights up, but of COURSE I may have tightened the bolt on the lights a little too much and now I cannot budge the lamps themselves to disassemble. I think I mushed the aluminum a little. Dag nabbit! Nothing is ever easy.

#7 ·
FrednearBoston said:
can't, unless I remove the reflectors. and going above the reflectors seem to leave too little room between the light and the fairing for full suspension compression. but i'll look at them again and see.
What's wrong with removing the reflectors? I would think that the added light would definitely make up for removing the reflectors.

#8 · (Edited)
i checked - Mass. state law does not seem to require reflectors in their list of required components. but its all moot now as I cannot get the lamp housing out of the stalk on the left-side fork. I may have overtightened the holding bolt and how the aluminum stalk is clamping down hard on the lamp housing's arm - or whatever you call it. GAH! i just tried everything i can think of to get the lamp housing out and it ain't budging.

segue00 - do you have a handheld saw - rotary, tiny - that can cut aluminum? If I buy new stalks, maybe I can cut a my current ones in such a way to get the lamp housings out. Then I could reposition the lights.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.