Sport Bikes banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Never had it in the past and thinking about getting it for the 2013 season. Once I have the pass, will it let me download the videos to a hard drive or are the videos encrypted from allowing you to do that?

·
Registered
951 Posts
The simple answer: They don't give you a way to download the videos. I'm guessing that's probably not a surprise at all.

I've never tried to figure out a way to grab the original video files and download them, but based on how aggressively they pursue clips posted on Youtube and so forth, I would hazard a guess that they probably have pretty strong measures in place to prevent people from storing the videos.

·
Live to ride
12,017 Posts
once you buy the package once, you buy it again and again and again, this will be my 4th season with the package, best money i have ever spent for motorcycling. You can watch the races any time you want, just make sure you save the no-spoiler link. motogp.com · Videos No-Spoiler

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So I went ahead and got the year pass. Do they not have live video coverage of the tests in sepang? I was under the impression they did. Also I can't seem to find the full replay coverage of day 1 and day 2 tests, I only see those short "highlights" videos. Do they not cover these tests or am I just not finding the correct link on their site?

·
Registered
3,498 Posts
I bought it one year when I didn't have SPEED, it was nice, I prefer to watch it on TV, I haven't purchased it again since. The racing just isn't good enough to justify the cost. Now if World Superbike had something like that I'd be interested, that's racing worth paying for.

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
So I went ahead and got the year pass. Do they not have live video coverage of the tests in sepang? I was under the impression they did. Also I can't seem to find the full replay coverage of day 1 and day 2 tests, I only see those short "highlights" videos. Do they not cover these tests or am I just not finding the correct link on their site?
They covered a couple of hours from the post-last-race test but unfortunately it rained the whole time and nothing really happened. Other than that, highlights videos and interviews are all you'll get from the tests. Once the racing starts you have 100% full coverage though - practices, qualifying, interviews, press conferences, everything is in there ready to be viewed @ your convenience.

In terms of off-season stuff, this year the site has introduced the "Off-Season Show". I've been real busy lately and haven't really watched it but it should be a less painful way to await the start of the season. Just go to Videos --> The Off Season Show. Maybe they'll give more details and video coverage from the test(s) in that show.

Oh and yeah - you don't need to download anything cos you'll buy the pass again :p

1 - 7 of 7 Posts