Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bautista

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Super Moderator
18,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, we've got a record breaker on our hands. The Kid Wonder has won the first 5 races of this year - all from Pole, which is an astounding feat that GP has seen only a few times in the 60+ years it's been in existence. So, pay attention 'cuz we're truly watching something special :)

Following this young Phenom is some guy who has been, at times, called the G.O.A.T. This dude is in his mid 30's and he's still whoopin' up on the youngsters like he did in his earlier days. Some had written him off, saying it's a fluke that he's doing so well. Some say he's back and that he never really left. This track is his favorite, yet also the one that almost ended his career. So again, don't turn the dial.

Right up there as always is Dani Boy. He's one of these guys that has given 100% every time he rides, yet he has nothing other than a few bridesmaids dresses to show for his efforts. His Honda is fast and this track likes that. Maybe he'll come out swinging and pull out a "W".

Then there's Jorge. Has MM gotten in his head, or is he the new Sete or Biaggi? Or is there something else going on that has taken him from a multi race winner to a 4th place specatator?

And lastly, Ducati. Oh the humanity. This track is their home, yet nobody expects them to put up much of a fight. They can throw down a hot lap for qualifying, but after that it's back to the back. Keep those interviews coming, Cal.

I know I've missed some things, so chime in and let's talk some racing!

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
I've voted for Rossi in the past, but this time I'm actually voting because I think he's got a good shot at winning. This was the track where Marc had probably his worst weekend last year, and it might as well be Rossi's back yard. If there's anywhere that Vale can take the fight to Marc, it's here.

Jorge should be fast if he can get comfortable with his tires, and I expect Dani to be right up there as well.

As always, I'm hoping for a Marquez DNF to make the championship closer.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
I still think marquez will walk away from everyone. He's just so much quicker than everyone else right now. I'd love to see rossi win, but so far he's just not that much trouble for the champion.
History either way.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
In! I voted Rossi, but it would probably take a serious screw-up by the boy-wonder to make that happen..

·
Registered
297 Posts
At this point Marquez can only beat himself. Don't forget that he fractured his leg 6-8 weeks before the start of the season. He's on another level.

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
the race i want to see.

Dovi takes the hole shot.

Rossi battles to the front by the end of the first lap.

Then Rossi slows, rides defensively, and Dovi Pedrosa Bautistia and Lorenzo line up behind him.

Marquez has to battle threw the whole rogues gallery before getting to Rossi.

as the last 8 laps start, Rossi has been riding defensively and preserving his tires and fuel. Marquez has been charging and battling the whole race.

Its youth, enthusiasm, and a bad hair cut vs. old age and guile duking it out to the end.

·
Super Moderator
18,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Honda's Marquez Leads Rossi In First MotoGP Practice At Mugello

by staff

Friday, May 30, 2014

Pos. Rider Team Bike Time
1 Marc Marquez Repsol Honda Team Honda RC213V 1:48.004
2 Valentino Rossi Yamaha Factory Racing Yamaha M1 1:48.386
3 Andrea Iannone Pramac Racing Ducati 1:48.434
4 Andrea Dovizioso Ducati Team Ducati GP14 1:48.518
5 Jorge Lorenzo Yamaha Factory Racing Yamaha M1 1:48.665
6 Aleix Espargaro NGM Mobile Forward Racing Forward Yamaha 1:48.743
7 Stefan Bradl LCR Honda Honda RC213V 1:48.925
8 Cal Crutchlow Ducati Team Ducati GP14 1:48.980
9 Alvaro Bautista Go&Fun Honda Gresini Honda RC213V 1:49.030
10 Bradley Smith Monster Yamaha Tech 3 Yamaha M1 1:49.030
11 Dani Pedrosa Repsol Honda Team Honda RC213V 1:49.203
12 Pol Espargaro Monster Yamaha Tech 3 Yamaha M1 1:49.308
13 Colin Edwards NGM Mobile Forward Racing Forward Yamaha 1:49.818
14 Michele Pirro Ducati Team Ducati GP14 1:50.030
15 Hiroshi Aoyama Drive M7 Aspar Honda RCV1000R 1:50.143
16 Yonny Hernandez Energy Ti Pramac Racing Ducati 1:50.189
17 Karel Abraham Cardion AB Motoracing Honda RCV1000R 1:50.327
18 Scott Redding Go&Fun Honda Gresini Honda RCV1000R 1:50.440
19 Hector Barbera Avintia Racing Avintia 1:51.396
20 Mike Di Meglio Avintia Racing Avintia 1:52.164

As the premier class action on the opening day of the 2014 Gran Premio d’Italia TIM concluded at Mugello, light rain restricted the riders’ activity – with Marc Marquez fastest on Friday courtesy of his FP1 best time.

Some late timed laps in FP2 for the MotoGP riders saw Ducati Team’s test rider and wild card this weekend Michele Pirro top with a 2:05.435 in the mixed conditions, with only Nicky Hayden (Drive M7 Aspar), Alvaro Bautista (GO&FUN Honda Gresini) and Hiroshi Aoyama (Drive M7 Aspar) joining him on a relatively meaningless afternoon timesheet.

If it rains again for FP3, the faster times from FP1 will dictate Q1 and Q2 participation. World Champion Marquez led the way in that morning session with a 1:48.004 best time, from Valentino Rossi (Movistar Yamaha MotoGP) who was second by 0.382s.

Andrea Iannone (Pramac Racing) and Andrea Dovizioso (Ducati Team) made it three Italians in the FP1 top five which was completed by Jorge Lorenzo (Movistar Yamaha MotoGP).

The day’s top ten was completed Aleix Espargaro (NGM Forward Racing), Stefan Bradl (LCR Honda MotoGP), Cal Crutchlow (Ducati Team), the aforementioned Bautista and Bradley Smith (Monster Yamaha Tech3) courtesy of their respective FP1 times.

Bautista and Pol Espargaro (Monster Yamaha Tech3) both escaped without serious injuries from big Turn 1 crashes in FP1, Espargaro still learning his MotoGP lines at Mugello and Bautista high siding as he slowed to avoid contact with Karel Abraham.

1 - 20 of 100 Posts