Sport Bikes banner

Winner will be

1 - 20 of 138 Posts

·
Super Moderator
18,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I'd like to start with a few observations from last race.

--Damn, I wish Rossi would've not crashed. That track would've shown us if he is still good enough to run with the top 3 (and Crutchlow)
--Marquez finally did what we've been expecting and crash for no reason. He had no pressure from behind and he couldn't have improved his finishing order so there was no reason for him to go down other than a dumb rookie mistake
--What happened to Pedrosa? It's like he wasn't focused. Big fast track and he forgets to try.

Now on to the season.

--Pedrosa and Lorenzo should battle for the title all season. I don't see Marquez being a threat to the championship as the season goes on because I expect him to make more rookie mistakes and lose a lot of points along the way.
--Other than the 1st race, Rossi hasn't shown hes going to be battling for that regular podium finish. But is it the bike, or him thats causing this?
--Crutchlow is a great rider and I'm wondering how he'd do on full factory machinery? I actually wonder that about all the reall good riders stuck on inferior GP machines, namely Dovizioso.
--Speaking of Dovi, I hope he has the chance to opt of his contract after this year because his mediocre results will never change.
--Ben Spies has went from the American Dream to Ben Who? :(

Any other thoughts?

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
I wouldn't call MM crash a rookie mistake. He said he had entered that corner at the same speed as the previous laps. Sounds like a fluke.

·
Registered
3,498 Posts
Dovi had more than his fair share of chances with the factory honda team. In my opinion he was the clear #3 rider there. Cruel world, but that's how it is.
I thought that until I saw him on the Yamaha. I think that Honda just didn't suit him well, he was getting equal or better results on a satellite Yamaha than he did on a factory Honda.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
CCS# 616
915 Posts
Yep, Mugello was supposed to be his big comeback, Although it wasn't his fault he crashed, this is going to be a second chance to redeem himself.

1 - 20 of 138 Posts