Sport Bikes banner

Winner

1 - 20 of 164 Posts

·
Super Moderator
18,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Great season so far!! 3 races with 3 different winners. And here's my observations.

--Pedrosa showed up last week and showed his talent that we saw at the end of last year
--Lorenzo stated he has to "race like I did in 250". We'll see if be does
--Marquez (to me) has brought the spirit of Simoncelli to life with his desire to actually race and pass people in tough spots
--Rossi is still good but he needs to step it up and get back in the podium
--It's been reported that Dovizioso is on suicide watch after each pathetic race the Duc runs

All the rest are irrelevant. Your thoughts?

·
Live to ride
12,017 Posts
Great season so far!! 3 races with 3 different winners. And here's my observations.

--Pedrosa showed up last week and showed his talent that we saw at the end of last year
--Lorenzo stated he has to "race like I did in 250". We'll see if be does
--Marquez (to me) has brought the spirit of Simoncelli to life with his desire to actually race and pass people in tough spots
--Rossi is still good but he needs to step it up and get back in the podium
--It's been reported that Dovizioso is on suicide watch after each pathetic race the Duc runs
It is nice that he brings the spirit of Sic back, but lets hope he doesnt injure a rider at this track like Sic did.

·
Registered
4,314 Posts
wth voted rossi! thinking marquez and lorenzo battling it out though, maybe pedrosa in the mix.

whatever happens i hope there are some good battles and a close race.

if dovi even makes it to the podium id call that a major win for ducati. at this point i dont see it happening without something major happening to the front runners or rain.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
wth voted rossi! thinking marquez and lorenzo battling it out though, maybe pedrosa in the mix.

whatever happens i hope there are some good battles and a close race.

if dovi even makes it to the podium id call that a major win for ducati. at this point i dont see it happening without something major happening to the front runners or rain.
I wouldn't. Rossi podiumed twice here on the Duc so Dovi is expected and expecting to do well.

·
Registered
4,314 Posts
I wouldn't. Rossi podiumed twice here on the Duc so Dovi is expected and expecting to do well.
yep that is why i think rossi has a chance at a win. rossi likes this track.

i cant see dovi beating out marquez, rossi, pedrosa or lorenzo. if dovi gets 5th that would be a win. at this point cruthlow looks better as well.

·
Live to ride
12,017 Posts

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
I think Dovi is effed if it's dry anyway.

I have no idea how pedrobot has done here in the past, I can't recall. But Im putting blind faith in the little robot were going to see a win from him.

Pedro
MM
Jlo
Rossi

·
Live to ride
12,017 Posts
I dont think this is a favorite of Pedro, not a lot of success, 4th last year, taken out the year before, 5 before that and then 3rd in 2009.

·
Registered
48 Posts
if it is raining yes
Didn't Rossi podium here last year in the dry? I'm almost certain it was dry! And as far as everyone saying Rossi is only good in the wet, while yes this is true, but I think that was only magnified last 2 seasons because the Ducati is also really good in the wet!basically what I'm saying is being good wet is useless if the bike you're on is shit(or unremarkable for that matter) in the wet!

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Live to ride
12,017 Posts
Didn't Rossi podium here last year in the dry? I'm almost certain it was dry! And as far as everyone saying Rossi is only good in the wet, while yes this is true, but I think that was only magnified last 2 seasons because the Ducati is also really good in the wet!basically what I'm saying is being good wet is useless if the bike you're on is shit(or unremarkable for that matter) in the wet!

Sent from Motorcycle.com App
Last year was a wet race, the year(dry) before Rossi was on the podium, but after Sic took Pedrosa out, I am going to double check, but I think Sic got a ride through pit lane for it.

·
Live to ride
12,017 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Is this a Yamaha forum? Seems like in every poll 90% of the responders vote for a Yamaha rider to win. Also when Honda went 1-2 at Jerez everyone was ragging on Marquez...

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
Is this a Yamaha forum? Seems like in every poll 90% of the responders vote for a Yamaha rider to win. Also when Honda went 1-2 at Jerez everyone was ragging on Marquez...
I voted for Rossi last race and this one. When Honda went 1-2 in Jerez I saw plenty of people including me that thought it was a great race and the move Marquez made was freaking great. Maybe I missed where "everyone" was ragging on Marquez.

·
Super Moderator
18,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Honda's Pedrosa Fastest In First Practice At Le Mans MotoGP

by steve mcmillan

Friday, May 17, 2013

Pos. Rider Team Bike Time
1 Dani Pedrosa Repsol Honda Team Honda 1:34.645
2 Jorge Lorenzo Yamaha Factory Racing Yamaha 1:34.685
3 Valentino Rossi Yamaha Factory Racing Yamaha 1:34.938
4 Nicky Hayden Ducati Team Ducati 1:34.972
5 Andrea Dovizioso Ducati Team Ducati 1:35.072
6 Cal Crutchlow Monster Yamaha Tech 3 Yamaha 1:35.149
7 Marc Marquez Repsol Honda Team Honda 1:35.170
8 Alvaro Bautista Go&Fun Honda Gresini Honda 1:35.285
9 Stefan Bradl LCR Honda Honda 1:35.478
10 Hector Barbera Avintia Blusens FTR 1:35.949
11 Aleix Espargaro Power Electronics Aspar ART 1:36.083
12 Andrea Iannone Energy T.I. Pramac Racing Ducati 1:36.211
13 Michele Pirro Ignite Pramac Racing Ducati 1:36.607
14 Randy De Puniet Power Electronics Aspar ART 1:36.745
15 Bradley Smith Monster Yamaha Tech 3 Yamaha 1:36.790
16 Hiroshi Aoyama Avintia Blusens FTR 1:36.872
17 Claudio Corti NGM Mobile Forward Racing FTR Kawasaki 1:37.325
18 Colin Edwards NGM Mobile Forward Racing FTR Kawasaki 1:37.431
19 Yonny Hernandez Paul Bird Motorsport ART 1:37.597
20 Danilo Petrucci Came Iodaracing Project Ioda-Suter 1:37.620

Dry and cool session.

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
I took the 3 fastest in FP1 and averaged their lap times. I took the fastest 11 laps because Lorenzo only had 11 full laps. It looked like this.

Pedrosa 135.747 average lap time
Lorenzo 136.259 average lap time
Rossi 135.693 average lap time

Of course this is only the first practice but it is looking like some close averages.

1 - 20 of 164 Posts