1 - 20 of 273 Posts

·
Super Moderator
18,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK. So round 1 showed us a few things.
--Lorenzo is as strong as ever and should be the favorite all year
--Rossi is back on a competitive machine and has not lost a step
--Marquez is as fast as advertised. But will his young age make him ride over his limits and make him crash a lot?
--Pedrosa looks scared. Could Rossi's presence be messing with his mind?
--Crutchlow is right where we knew he'd be; 5th
--The Ducati is a horrible bike and Dovi, Hayden, and Spies are in for a long disappointing year

We know Marquez rocked out on this track during off season testing, but now it's time to see if be can pull it off for the whole race. It's a very technical and demanding track, so it'll be interesting to see how the riders hold up over the time of the race.

Your thought?

·
Registered
7 Posts
There are a lot of good feelings towards the COTA on the twitter trend right now. The track seems to be gearing towards becoming a rider favorite already. A lot of hype has been built for sure.

Riders:
Marquez is getting a lot of hype and seems to be meeting it. But is it first race luck as seen in the past? Is the Stoner RepHonda showing it's caliber and will Marquez be able to carry the weight throughout the season?

Pedrossa, if anyone deserves a shot at the title it is him. The most consistent rider, but unfortunate tragedy has plagued him time after time. Last year was a defining point for him as far as I could see. The battle with Lorenzo was exciting and bittersweet.

Lorenzo is a true champion and has matured with season. I don't even need to say more.

I will give Dovi credit on pushing that Duck bike. But it was apparent that it is not up to par with the the rest of the champion field at this time. He may be the key to taking the Duck back to the top. Hayden will always be a fan favorite.

Crutchlow is a vicious beast when his feet hit the pegs. Determined and destined to do well, when he starts controlling his urges to push far beyond his capabilities. The tech3s will have a great year, if the consistency is maintained.

Rossi... in Qatar, what a race. He is driven right now after his lapse with the disappointing term on Ducati, he will be ever present in the race, if not on the podium.

All for now...

·
Registered
4,314 Posts
ahh wth i voted rossi.

suprised to see a vote for dovi?

more then likely im thinking lorenzo or maybe even marquez with a suprise win.

sorry but i dont see spies or hayden with a win anytime soon let alone a podium. not with the level of the other manufactors and riders. id say a 5th place would be considered a sucess for them.

·
Registered
6,884 Posts
ahh wth i voted rossi.

suprised to see a vote for dovi?

more then likely im thinking lorenzo or maybe even marquez with a suprise win.

sorry but i dont see spies or hayden with a win anytime soon let alone a podium. not with the level of the other manufactors and riders. id say a 5th place would be considered a sucess for them.
That was me. I meant crutchlow, but got names mixed up for a bit. Oh well, can't change it.

Speaking of Spies. I'm off to go see him now!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I am dying to see this track in action.
The weather looks to be clearing up just in time too.

Hayden, hoping for rain I assume...

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
My prediction, as I posted in the last thread:

1) Marquez
2) Pedrosa
3) Lorenzo
4) Rossi
5) Bradl
6) Crutchlow

Of this list, I'm least confident about Pedrosa. I think it's too early in the season for him to be showing top form, so he could drop down the order a bit. The Bradl/Crutchlow order could be reversed, but I'm banking on the fact that Honda will be dominant on this track layout.

Also, this track looks to be really start-stop-start-stop oriented, so perhaps that could mask the Ducati issues? The Duc has always been powerful and had good acceleration, and I'd imagine it's also strong on the brakes in a straight line. If so, Dovi and Hayden may have a better than normal showing. Spies' shoulder will likely limit his success, and I have no prediction for Iannone. The dude is talented, but we'll see what happens.

1 - 20 of 273 Posts