Sport Bikes banner

Dorna and Bridgestone suck

MotoGP round 17 Motegi 10/27/2013 *SPOILERS*

7K views 129 replies 32 participants last post by  SJTrance 
#1 ·
So, thanks to some douche bags in suits and ties, a hard racing young man with a hard earned 43 point lead in the championship has seen that lead diminish to 18 points. And while I have no doubt in my mind that this young man will use these last 2 races to destroy his revived competitor, I cannot help but be pissed at the 2 organizations of ineptitude named Dorna and Bridgestone.

Fun fact: Motegi is Honda's home track. Anyone think MM won't win here?

See less See more
#4 ·
So, thanks to some douche bags in suits and ties, a hard racing young man with a hard earned 43 point lead in the championship has seen that lead diminish to 18 points. And while I have no doubt in my mind that this young man will use these last 2 races to destroy his revived competitor, I cannot help but be pissed at the 2 organizations of ineptitude named Dorna and Bridgestone.

Fun fact: Motegi is Honda's home track. Anyone think MM won't win here?

Someone poached an RFactor picture (it's a video game/sim). :D

Honda should give Pedrosa $500k to t-bone Lorenzo, @ Honda's track. Of course I am joking.

#7 ·
Sounds like weather could make a big impact this weekend.

#8 ·
Has motegi been recently paved?

If so, should everyone just run 20+ bikes with one lap on each set of tires, so that the bridgestones might just make er to race distance?

#24 ·
Rain ending Sat evening. Riders will only have Sun warmup dry to get their setup. On top of that, the track will be very green due to all of the forecast rain. This is going to be very interesting.

I don't see new track records this weekend.

#30 ·
motogp.com · Race Direction reveals contingency plans

For Saturday, heavy rain is expected to fall in the morning but Race Direction hopes that, by the afternoon, the cloud cover should have abated which would allow the medical helicopter to operate. Currently situated five minutes’ flying time from the circuit, should cloud cover in its current location remain too much the helicopter will be dissembled, transported to the race track by road and then reassembled. A medical helicopter must be available at the circuit at all times and across Friday time has been spent analysing the best possible locations for its positioning around the circuit, in order to avoid the need of taking off or landing amidst any further heavy cloud cover at the circuit, which is situated on high ground.
Disassembly, trucking, and reassembly of the helicopter? That is some serious dedication.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.