Sport Bikes banner

Winner will be

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Super Moderator
18,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, two weeks ago, Lorenzo showed us he's not going to go quietly into the night. And with 7 races left, it's mathematically possible for him to catch Marquez without either of them crashing. But taking into consideration that the two of them will be pushing extra hard for the championship, it's more likely that we'll see a spill or two. And if that happens, Pedrosa will be more than happy to sneak into the #1 spot while everyone is focused on those two.

As for the rest. Rossi is quietly sitting in forth, ahead of the self promoting Crutchlow. He hasn't even been close to the podium in over 2 months. I guess he's preparing for what will be the norm once he's switches to the Duc :lol

There are others, but at this point, these are the headlines. Your thoughts?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Has Marquez figured it out enough now that it doesn't matter if Lorenzo and Pedrosa are healthy again? I really wasn't a fan of Moto2 as a feeder series until Marquez started sliding around his Honda and generally looking like he's going to crash all the time...but yet not throwing it away during the races except for Mugello.

·
CCS# 616
915 Posts
I think Marquez will take it on the Honda monster. Misano is a slower track that should favor the Honda's braking advantage.

Hopefully I'm wrong and the Yamahas find a competitive setup.

·
Registered
3,498 Posts
Marquez looks too strong right now. If he's feeling 100 percent since his last crash, I think he's got it. If Rossi can beat Lorenzo here, I think that would be as good as a win for him, because I think beating Marquez and Honda is out of the question. But, it's racing, you never know...

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
32 Posts
I wouldn't write off the Yamaha duo yet, they've won 4 out of the 5 races held there, so you'd expect them to be fairly competitive.

·
After Me Lucky Charms
5,281 Posts
I voted Marquez, but Furad made a good point about Rossi.

·
Registered
12 Posts
MM got my vote but I would not be surprised if Lorenzo takes it. Rossi is just riding like the other 3 aliens. If MM and Lorenzo get tangled up Pedrobot will take advantage.

·
Registered
4,314 Posts
marquez ftw however i think lorenzo is going to put up a hell of a fight. pedro in 3rd, rossi fighting for 4th w bautista or bradl. crutchlow after that, for some reason i just dont see him getting it back together.

predication does sounds pretty familiar doesnt it. seems like you'd be safe betting this way all season.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I am hoping Rossi can be fairly competitive this weekend, it's one of his last chances to win a race this year, along with Phillip Island or maybe Sepang. Winning at Aragon or Valencia seems out of the question unless something odd happens.

Aside from that, I keep wanting Pedrosa and Lorenzo to beat Marquez, just to keep the championship interesting.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Yamaha is having it's seemless transmission debut this weekend. Will it be enough to make the difference? I don't know but for sure will be getting up early Sunday morning to watch.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Yamaha is having it's seemless transmission debut this weekend. Will it be enough to make the difference? I don't know but for sure will be getting up early Sunday morning to watch.
Wow, that's unexpected. It was due to be tested again after the race, but apparently the riders both said it's good to go. It'll be interesting to see if it actually is reliable enough, as when the Ducati system debuted, it wasn't as advanced as the Yamaha system and did have minor problems going into neutral during at least one race. And reportedly the Honda gearbox was torn down and rebuilt daily when it was initially introduced.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts