Sport Bikes banner

Winner will be

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
61 - 80 of 85 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,435 Posts
I'm SO glad that I DIDN'T get the video pass this year. I've been SO disappointed with it the last two years. I'll never waste my money on it again.

Fox Sports 2 coverage wasn't too bad, and I ended up with a better picture than I did trying to connect my computer to my TV last year, which ended up choppy every time (though YouTube and other videos always came out clear).
This is my first year with Videopass. So far, I like access to the preseason stuff and I haven't had too much trouble streaming. I run FIOS 50/50 at home, and it never buffered but occasionally the quality was downgraded from 720 to 540 or even 360 at times.

My one complaint so far: I started the MotoGP race live after it had already begun (it was about half done, lap 13 or so), so I "rewound" to the start of the race and started watching. I got about halfway through the race and they cut the live feed, and I was taken back to the main videos screen. The full race had not been put up online either, so I was left hanging until it was posted.

Kinda of annoying that I can't pickup a live event and continue watching to the end.

·
Super Moderator
18,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
If you listen closely, you can almost hear the repeated *facepalm* that Crutchlow is doing to himself right now.
Heyyyyyyy. Maybe, juuuuuusssst maybe, if Pedro takes a hiatus 'ol Cal might get his shot on Dani boys ride. And THAT would be awesome to see. 'Cuz after all, he is a helluva rider.

Oooooorr, maybe Casey will fill in for a few races :D

·
Registered
6,406 Posts
This is one race, I happy to be wrong. The ole man's still got it, but he was breathing hard. :)
Not really, he was 11th fastest on the top end and still posted the fastest laptimes. Ductai is effectively a cheater bike in the series. Take that away and he and Jlo would've ran off with it. Qatar is a Yamaha track though.

Rossi alluded to it in the press conference....if the Ducati remains under open rules and stays this competitive it's not only great racing but makes the championship much more interesting.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Andrea Dovizioso is one of the hardest guy to pass. And thanks to both, Andrea & Rossi for putting up a show.

Sitting all curled up, in foetal position, fingers crossed & watching one of the best Moto GP races.

Ducati will be regular in the podium to top 8 slot.

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
What a race!!! I am awestruck that Vale won this. I honestly did not expect him to take this one. Started from 8th, went back to 10th and held off the Demon of a Ducati, which was clocking 20kmh faster on the straights!!! Reminded me of 2007 when Vale held off Stoner and the Ducati at Laguna Seca.

I cannot be more elated by how amazing this race was. Ducati has REALLY pulled the plug and all credit goes to GiGi, the team and both Andrea's.

Really sucks for JLo, as I was wonderign what the hell happened to him. As for Stoner, lol he is going to ride Suzuka 8 hours and call it a day. Even IF he rides Dani's bike he WILL NOT be anywhere near the pace that these top guys are running. I'm sorry Moaner fans but he's out. He WAS a great rider but I don't miss him one bit.

He's lucky he is Honda's good books and gets to scratch the racing/riding itch here and there but he will not be back to MotoGP, let alone keep up with the top guys. I'm sure Honda can make him a fishing rod or two.

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
This is one race, I happy to be wrong. The ole man's still got it, but he was breathing hard. :)
Yes, I noticed that too. During the post-race interview he was panting and completely our of breath. I have never seen him that worn out before. Fucking getting old sucks, even when you are Valentino Rossi.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
that race gave me the chills!!!!! yes things lined up for Vale to win, but for him to fight back from falling back to tenth, then come back and still fight for the win, was pure epicness and was hair raising! in the past he would fight towards the front only to get over taken and settle for a podium finish as opposed to the win, this was great to see, and shows that this could be a special season we're in for, I feel bad for Dani and hope he comes back stronger, someone mentioned Stoner coming back and filling in, I just dont see that happening but wouldnt be blown away if he did, I mean he's familiar with the Honda as he does testing for them

·
Registered
72 Posts

Dovi looked exhausted when he got off the bike. Had to catch his breath before he could do an interview. Even Iannone looked tired and he's the youngest.

What a race. Had to watch it again.

61 - 80 of 85 Posts