Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To add to this thread http://forums.sportbikes.net/forums/showthread.php?t=284690

These still didn't come out the way I wanted them to, but oh well...some are taken from a digi, others from a 35mm....

The first one is of my hero's. Mick Doohan and Freddie Spencer.. The second one is a pic of Max B. leathers including tighty whitey's! HA! "lol

more to come when I have a chance......

Attachments

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
more.............

Attachments

·
Registered
5,025 Posts
You the shiznit JB but................you need to tell us some stories about the trip.

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll do a write up tomorrow sometime..:)

BTW, here are some more shots from Turn 3 during warm up.... enjoy! :)

Attachments

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
more from warm up at Turn 3.............

Attachments

·
Registered
30 Posts
here are some more

I too made it to the Laguna Seca MotoGP. I was at turn 1 when Carlos Checa crashed out. I helped him hop over the fence where a golf cart was waiting to take him back to the paddock! I shook his hand and wished him good luck at the British GP. Anyway here are some pics.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Anyone else have pics, post um up! It seems I'm seeing things that even I missed while I was there. I was there from Friday thru Sun. but it was hard to see all of Mazda Speed in only 3 days.

Yes, that is Max B. undies! :eek:nfloor I thought it was really funny that I took the pic of the leathers and didn't notice the whitey's till the bf pointed it out! HA! HA!

And NO!! KH, I didn't get any from Mick D. :bitchslap He and Freddie S. are my hero's! It was enough that he (Mick D.) even stopped to talk to me and let me take a pic with him.

Oh and I forgot, how about this for memorabilia?! Bought the pic w/ the matting and the bf and I took it around the pit area to see who we could get to sign it. Go ahead, drool!! HA! This is priceless. Wouldn't sell it even if my life depended on it. Besides Mick Doohans autograph, we got Rossi, Nicky, Keven Shwantz (people were walking right past him having NO idea who he was, I was shocked!!) Kenny Roberts Sr. To me Doohan, Shwantz and Robets Sr. were prolly the best on there. I heard Wayne Rainy was scooting around some where, but unfortunately, we didn't see him :( Wish I could of gotten his autograph also.

But we got the majority of um! So I'm all happy!

Attachments

·
Registered
13,267 Posts
.....me have a Doohan fetish too... :eek: Freddy is also a good like ... well not quite god status.... only Mick and Robert Sr an that Texan get that level of admiration... KR is the King. The others polish his shoes, walk teh dog ya know the fun stuff... :eek:nfloor

I grew up watchin those guys race when I was at avery impressionable age :eek:

Rosi is good but ya shoulda let him sign sumtin else, he prolly reduced its valus by half :D.... he don't have near the history and never will have it as the too we like. No one has ever been subjected to the sort of stuff Doohan and the rest were in the 2 stroke death bike days.... the riders today got it easy.

Just like I say about the current crop of moto crossers. Compared to the old days of moto x they got it easy. All that suspension makes a world of difference in the adamage your body absorbs over the years.

When I was racing we thought the barely 3 inches of travel we had was "state of the art" LMAO more like state of the spine compression injurys.....

·
Already Sick of Winter
3,273 Posts
Krazy Hawaiian said:
.....me have a Doohan fetish too... :eek: Freddy is also a good like ... well not quite god status.... only Mick and Robert Sr an that Texan get that level of admiration... KR is the King. The others polish his shoes, walk teh dog ya know the fun stuff... :eek:nfloor

I grew up watchin those guys race when I was at avery impressionable age :eek:

Rosi is good but ya shoulda let him sign sumtin else, he prolly reduced its valus by half :D.... he don't have near the history and never will have it as the too we like. No one has ever been subjected to the sort of stuff Doohan and the rest were in the 2 stroke death bike days.... the riders today got it easy.

Just like I say about the current crop of moto crossers. Compared to the old days of moto x they got it easy. All that suspension makes a world of difference in the adamage your body absorbs over the years.

When I was racing we thought the barely 3 inches of travel we had was "state of the art" LMAO more like state of the spine compression injurys.....
did you forget that Rossis won a championship on a NSR500? the 500 he rode had the firing order of the old, pre 1992, screamer motor that Doohan almost lost a leg riding. the same motor that doohan went back to and shortly afterward became a Gp retiree.

freddy may have not been a god but he was pretty close for a season. 250cc and 500cc champion in the same season. not bad..not bad at all...

nice pics JB. my best friend was out there. hopefully he'll have some pics i can post.

·
Banned
1,097 Posts
Keven Shwantz (people were walking right past him having NO idea who he was, I was shocked!!)
Yeah, I met John Kocinski at Starbucks in beverly Hills last week. He was just sitting there. He was a fuckin WIERDO, zero personality. From his perspective, it sounded like his whole GP career was just a huge pain in the ass. He bitched about the training and traveling-- and he said he doesn't even own a motocycle anymore. Seems like he was groomed for racing from the start, whether he enjoyed it or not. Like talking to a piece of meat, the most boring individual I've ever met-- hard to believe he was a world champion.

·
at the track
3,121 Posts
Thanks for the pics guys

·
Banned
1,097 Posts
We should have an SBN tent at races for members to stick their bikes under and chill. I didn't ever actually hear from anyone at Laguna that they were SBN, but I'm sure I was close to many of you as I was up on the hill and in the infield during the races. We could even have local volunteers to set up shop at different races around the country. I'm a regular at Infineon, Fontana, and Laguna-- it wouldn't be that much more trouble to stick a pop-up tent in the car and bring some shade.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts