Sport Bikes banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
5,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im doing a speech on MotoGp for class on tuesday/wednesday this week and I was wondering what is their throphy called?

How much HP do these 500cc bikes put out?
How much fuel can they currently carry? (I know in 07 it will be max 21 liters)
How many meters and/or miles do they race? I know they must have a set limit as longer tracks have less laps....

21 riders a race am I correct?

Valenciana is in spain correct?

Probally think of some other various questions tommarow when Im writing my speech out, Thanks for the help I really appreciate it. Any miscelanious(sp?) facts you want to throw out at me about MotoGP would be great also. Thanks again!

·
Registered
430 Posts
Not 100% certain, but I think MotoGP bikes are 950-990 cc motors, and they are putting out around 250 HP, not sure about the fuel or race length though. Incidentally, in '07, they will be limited to 800 cc to make it safe enough to race at some of the smaller tracks around the world.

·
Banned
5,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
TTsixxer said:
Before you search for facts about motogp you need to practice on that grammar and spelling. Oh yeah, it's Valencia.
Uh... before you act like a jackass you should notice its a forum, who gives a crap.... and no shit its valencia... but motogp website calls it its proper name so I typed that.

*Edit* thanks for the help anywase jackass :upyours .... Plus its only my first season of watching it, if you go to places such as UK Yahoo! its labled as 500cc and alot of sites say 500/MotoGP

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
there's a 250CC class, a 500CC class, and a 990CC class. That's why you sometimes see the 500GP and such.

errr whoops. 125CC and 250CC, had a retard moment there.

·
Banned
5,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
BurnMyHeartDown said:
there's a 250CC class, a 500CC class, and a 990CC class. That's why you sometimes see the 500GP and such.
I thought it was 125, 250 and MotoGP? Thats whats on the official site.

Im still wondering what the big throphy is called?

The speech is an "Informative Speech" 5-7min long. so not very long.. bassicly.. im doing it as "What is MotoGP" as if your telling someone What is Football(American).

·
Registered
615 Posts
IronMan2003 said:
Im doing a speech on MotoGp for class on tuesday/wednesday this week and I was wondering what is their throphy called?

How much HP do these 500cc bikes put out?
How much fuel can they currently carry? (I know in 07 it will be max 21 liters)
How many meters and/or miles do they race? I know they must have a set limit as longer tracks have less laps....

21 riders a race am I correct?

Valenciana is in spain correct?

Probally think of some other various questions tommarow when Im writing my speech out, Thanks for the help I really appreciate it. Any miscelanious(sp?) facts you want to throw out at me about MotoGP would be great also. Thanks again!
The trophy doesnt have a name. It is just known as the MotoGp Championship trophy. As a matter of fact, last years trophy was the first time there was one awarded in the 55 year history of premier class racing.

The bike are 990cc 4-strokes and put out an average of 250 horses. 500cc two strokes went out in 2002 I believe, might want to check on that.

Each race is between 115-120KM long. Depending on track size.

There are three classes 125, 250, MotoGp.

Valencia is in Spain.

Each race has 21 riders.

·
voted for an American
4,580 Posts
IronMan2003 said:
Uh... before you act like a jackass you should notice its a forum, who gives a crap.... and no shit its valencia... but motogp website calls it its proper name so I typed that.

*Edit* thanks for the help anywase jackass :upyours .... Plus its only my first season of watching it, if you go to places such as UK Yahoo! its labled as 500cc and alot of sites say 500/MotoGP
Oh sorry I struck a nerve there. :upyours And if you knew it's Valencia then why ask the question? "Anywase" Good luck with your speech. :bitchslap

·
Banned
5,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
oh, just refining a few things and I was wondering if anyone remembers

What kind of TV ratings it pulls in italy? I remember someone mentioning it was something enormous like over 50% for one race that was in italy...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts