·
Super Moderator
18,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Soup :: Speed Will Be No More. Fox Sports 1 To Televise Indy GP :: 08-12-2013

Speed Will Be No More. Fox Sports 1 To Televise Indy GP
Monday, August 12, 2013
This just in:

FOX SPORTS 1 LAUNCH WEEKEND OFFERS LIVE & ENHANCED COVERAGE of MOTOGP FROM INDIANAPOLIS

Rare Sit-Down Interview With Superstar Valentino Rossi

Highlights In-Show Features

Indianapolis - FOX Sports 1, America's new 24/7 sports network launching Aug. 17, is poised for LIVE and ENHANCED coverage of the Red Bull Indianapolis Grand Prix, round 10 of the 18-race MotoGP World Championship, the globe's premier motorcycle racing series.

Starting at 11 a.m. on Aug. 18, the second day of FOX Sports 1's ?Launch Weekend,' all three categories of the MotoGP World Championship take to the 2.62-mile, 16-turn road course situated within America's most historic racing facility - Indianapolis Motor Speedway.

Motor sports broadcast veteran Bob Varsha hosts the show from a stage located behind the famous front-stretch pagoda, and the live telecast begins with Moto 3 at 11 a.m. ET, Moto 2 at Noon ET and the Red Bull Indianapolis Grand Prix at 2 p.m. ET.

Calling the race is long-time racing voice Ralph Sheheen, while AMA Motorcycle Hall of Fame member and former grand prix motorcycle competitor Scott Russell provides color commentary. Series expert Greg White is patrolling pit road for the latest news and insights.

For more information on FOX Sports 1, please visit: HERE and follow us on Twitter at @FOXSports1 and @FOXSportsPR

"Long-time MotoGP fans will love what we have planned for our first race on FOX Sports 1," said Pete Richards, FOX Sports 1 coordinating producer. "We're also going to spend a lot of time introducing the sport to a new fan base. We hope people get hooked on a sport that's as intense as anything you'll see in racing. These are the most talented, fastest motorcycle racers in the world, going toe-to-toe on the most technologically advanced bikes ever built."

FOX Sports 1 Red Bull Indianapolis Grand Prix Schedule...

� MotoGP Moto 3 (11 a.m. ET, LIVE)

� MotoGP Moto 2 (NOON, LIVE)

� MotoGP Red Bull Indianapolis Grand Prix (2 p.m. ET, LIVE)

In addition to calling the race, Varsha and the FOX Sports 1 crew welcome special guests and dignitaries throughout the broadcast. The audience will also be presented segments on the sport's long history, its pure-bred racing bikes, iconic racers and the 2013 season storylines that shape the current landscape.

A Rare Opportunity...

MotoGP super star Valentino Rossi, considered by many as the greatest modern-day motorcycle racer to ever live, is doing a rare sit-down interview with FOX Sports 1 to talk about his legendary career. Currently fourth in points, the 34-year-old Italian is gunning for his eighth-overall MotoGP World Championship - tying him with the great Giacomo Agostini for the all-time mark.

Other on-air highlights include a segment on American Ben Spies returning to competition at Indianapolis, after a lingering elbow injury had kept him off track; and a trip to Owensboro, Ky., to catch up with 2006 titlist Nicky Hayden - the last U.S. rider to win a MotoGP World Championship in the sport's premier category. He recently lost his ride when Ducati made a switch prior to last month's round in Monterey, Calif.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I subscribed to the Dorna online-access service about .0448 seconds after I heard Speed may not carry the races back in the winter. I've hated that station the moment they erupted out of the solar plexus of the old SpeedVision.

Yes, I am still not over the death of SpeedVision....and the dumbing down of the rest of the entire channel range that took place around the same time, i.e. when History became the Ancient Alien channel and Discovery got into the reality TV game. I considered Speed to be the equivalent of watching Thomas the Tank Engine with a laugh track.

Curious to see how the new "format" change works out for all of you watching on TV. I wish that they would pick WSBK back up because so far Dorna still isn't giving me an option to watch that series and I miss Loris Baz and his crazy rain antics.

·
the joke is in your hand
8,594 Posts
anyone catch any of CBS sports coverage of the ama races? they do a great job. they even have jonathan green from wsbk and Motogp as a commentator.
who does not look anything like I picture him. sounds like a 25 year old but looks like he's 55. lol

and the pre race shows are good stuff. much better than the shit speed used to do.

I think the AMA is actually trying now. they put the full races a few weeks later up on youtube and everything.

AMA Pro Live - Online DVR - GEICO Motorcycle AMA Pro Road Racing

I tried to watch it live on their site but it never came on during the race. the scoring worked but not the video.

·
Registered
155 Posts
anyone catch any of CBS sports coverage of the ama races? they do a great job. they even have jonathan green from wsbk and Motogp as a commentator.
who does not look anything like I picture him. sounds like a 25 year old but looks like he's 55. lol

and the pre race shows are good stuff. much better than the shit speed used to do.

I think the AMA is actually trying now. they put the full races a few weeks later up on youtube and everything.

AMA Pro Live - Online DVR - GEICO Motorcycle AMA Pro Road Racing

I tried to watch it live on their site but it never came on during the race. the scoring worked but not the video.
They did a good job of taking it over. Green went back to SBK, but the guy they replaced him with isn't bad. Green made the pre-race show better before leaving. They started out rough, but you could see they were trying. I was psyched about the online stuff because they're airing Supersport and I got to see Joe Roberts killin' it before he went back to the GP Red Bull Rookies Cup. I've been watching him since he was 10 years old.

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
I subscribed to the Dorna online-access service about .0448 seconds after I heard Speed may not carry the races back in the winter. I've hated that station the moment they erupted out of the solar plexus of the old SpeedVision.

Yes, I am still not over the death of SpeedVision....and the dumbing down of the rest of the entire channel range that took place around the same time, i.e. when History became the Ancient Alien channel and Discovery got into the reality TV game. I considered Speed to be the equivalent of watching Thomas the Tank Engine with a laugh track.

Curious to see how the new "format" change works out for all of you watching on TV. I wish that they would pick WSBK back up because so far Dorna still isn't giving me an option to watch that series and I miss Loris Baz and his crazy rain antics.
I've just been watching the wsbk races on youtube

·
the joke is in your hand
8,594 Posts
They did a good job of taking it over. Green went back to SBK, but the guy they replaced him with isn't bad. Green made the pre-race show better before leaving. They started out rough, but you could see they were trying. I was psyched about the online stuff because they're airing Supersport and I got to see Joe Roberts killin' it before he went back to the GP Red Bull Rookies Cup. I've been watching him since he was 10 years old.
when did he go back? I know he was at mid-ohio but I haven't seen the laguna or miller races yet. ok well I forgot they had the laguna daytona sportbike race online and it was the chick that works the pits etc. I think the comments said she was asked to do them 15 min before the race started.
that is actually a sad thing if that is the truth. I also heard that CBS was a last min deal at the beginning of the year also. wow. someone doesn't know wtf they're doing if that is the truth. shit keeps up the AMA is doomed.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
So the official launch is this weekend? Is this channel going to be in the same slot as Speed? I checked my DVR last night and so far the GP race isn't airing... But Qualifying is coming on Fuel... wtf?

·
Registered
731 Posts
So the official launch is this weekend? Is this channel going to be in the same slot as Speed? I checked my DVR last night and so far the GP race isn't airing... But Qualifying is coming on Fuel... wtf?
I found the same thing. I found the actual race on Fuel as well, but it's not aired until Monday!!!

·
B O R I C U A
1,216 Posts
I found the same thing. I found the actual race on Fuel as well, but it's not aired until Monday!!!
Hmm... hopefully they get it sorted by this weekend.
Weird, I am seing all three races schedule for Sunday, just like what OP stated. Here's a snapshot from the fox sports 1 website

Attachments

·
Registered
155 Posts
when did he go back? I know he was at mid-ohio but I haven't seen the laguna or miller races yet. ok well I forgot they had the laguna daytona sportbike race online and it was the chick that works the pits etc. I think the comments said she was asked to do them 15 min before the race started.
that is actually a sad thing if that is the truth. I also heard that CBS was a last min deal at the beginning of the year also. wow. someone doesn't know wtf they're doing if that is the truth. shit keeps up the AMA is doomed.
I'd believe she only had 15 minutes. They put some stuff together last minute to get the cameras switched on at all. It was crazy. Green was gone for the season at Miller. I like him better than the GP announcers. The You Tube video of WSBK still has the British announcers. They're alright. Hopefully something gets sorted for next year. I'm tired of waiting until Wednesday or later before getting to see WSBK. And that BInSports or whatever is too expensive.

·
Registered
3,498 Posts
Same thing here, I have Cox cable.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Forever the Man
2,901 Posts
Paul Page is doing the AMA now. He's been around forever. Did a lot of open wheel and NHRA on ABC/ESPN. The announcers bounce back and forth so much between networks I can't keep up with who is where.

I have enjoyed the AMA coverage on CBSSN when I remember it's on.

Watch WSBK on beIN - 620 on DirecTV. The live broadcasts are good but the interminable soccer ads between the races make me want to eat my Mossburg.

World Rally is on some channel called MATV which is next to NBCSN which carries F1 and whatever IRL that ABC/ESPN doesn't carry. And which will carry the second half of NASCAR, including all qualifying, practice, and maybe trucks(?) in 2015. Too many damn channels to keep it all sorted out.

I miss when Speed and before that Speedvision carried everything in one neat package. Miss WindTunnel most of all. Never missed a show.

Yeah, the two Brits who do WSBK are the best. Love to hear them talk. Especially when the camera goes to Melandri's SO.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I don't have any idea what my TV says about the race, I just know my where my ticket say I am going to sit.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts