Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Super Moderator
18,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, 9 down, 10 to go. And what do we know?

--Marquez is yet to lose a single race. Can he win them all?
--Valentino Rossi is doing very well to be 35. What's he got left in the tank?
--Dani Pedrosa is destined to be 2nd or 3rd again. Anybody surprised?
--Jorge Lorenzo is 5th in points right now!! Behind a Ducati rider!!
--That Duc rider is Andrea Dovizioso. Is he figuring out the beast?
--Speaking of Ducs, Crutchlow has to decide to stay or go. What will he decide? We know he's not going to Honda or Yami, so that leaves the Zook.

Discuss, people :gab

·
Registered
9,277 Posts
I dunno what to say about Dovi.

I am wondering if the stiffer tires don't level out the other bikes in the front end dept just enough to make a bit of difference. the duc has always eaten rear tires, and still does, but perhaps the stiffer rear accounts for some of the improvement there as well.

·
Registered
5,884 Posts
--Speaking of Ducs, Crutchlow has to decide to stay or go. What will he decide? We know he's not going to Honda or Yami, so that leaves the Zook.

Discuss, people :gab
I predict Cal is gone. There is the possibility of the Zook, another gamble, but Honda is still a possibility. Both Bradl and Bautista will likely lose their rides this year. Both teams have a level of factory support, although Gresini has the Showa/Nissin components rather than Ohlins/Brembo.

The chance that Ducati could lose both factory riders is quite interesting. That will be a commentary on where they both think the direction is headed in the near future. Iannone is a shoe-in for one seat. The thought of an Espargaro on a Duc is intriguing.

RdP took a gamble being a test rider for Suzuki. I don't see his name come up in the talk about coming back to MotoGP.

·
Super Moderator
18,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I predict Cal is gone. There is the possibility of the Zook, another gamble, but Honda is still a possibility. Both Bradl and Bautista will likely lose their rides this year. Both teams have a level of factory support, although Gresini has the Showa/Nissin components rather than Ohlins/Brembo.
If Cal goes to honda, it'd be a pay cut and take him off a factory ride and onto another satellite bike. I don't know if his ego could handle that. So that really only leaves 'Zuki. And Kevin Schwantz tested the Zook at COTA earlier this year and was more than impressed. So maybe it'd be a good move for Crutch to try it out.

As for Dovi - he's quite the actor. He doesn't put Ducati on blast every chance he gets, so maybe he's not all that unhappy? Or is he?? :lol He's getting paid great and there aren't many options, so I see him staying with the Duc.

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
Does cal have an engineering degree or some thing else that would make him a good technical development rider? we have seen him be fast, but can he give useful feedback to the technical people back at the factory?

If he can't i don't see what use he would be to Ducati, Suzuki, or ?Aprillia?. So off to a satellite honda i guess.

·
Registered
3,498 Posts
Does cal have an engineering degree or some thing else that would make him a good technical development rider? we have seen him be fast, but can he give useful feedback to the technical people back at the factory?

If he can't i don't see what use he would be to Ducati, Suzuki, or ?Aprillia?. So off to a satellite honda i guess.
I don't think any of these guys have degrees (Except Abraham!), but that's the job of the engineers. The riders give feedback as to what the bike is doing, the way it feels. They're there to tell the Factory what their software can't. It's the engineer's job to translate that into modifications.

I see Dovi staying with Ducati, the bike is getting better and he's doing better on it. I think Crutchlow only leaves for similar money at Suzuki, otherwise he's not going to trade a factory ride and paycheck for a satellite bike.

I could see LCR and Gresini going for one of the Espargaro brothers or putting Redding on a factory bike. There's also Tito Rabat and Mika Kallio to think about.

Bradley Smith may be out of a ride too, I see him going back to Moto2, which is where he should have stayed longer anyway.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

Reactions: Max Deutch

·
Registered
9,277 Posts
The racer in Cal should be chomping at the bit to get the fuck away from this wreck of a season.

·
After Me Lucky Charms
5,281 Posts
What the heck happened to Bradl at his HOME RACE!? He was on the pole (because 900,000 riders changed bikes (embelished)), and he finishes 16th?

·
Are we not men?
9,013 Posts
Stick a fork in RdP as far as MotoGP is concerned. Too many other younger riders that can kick his ass.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Crutchlow will at the very least want to try out the all new Desmo that his new crew chief designed. If that's good and he'll mimic last year's form, why would he want to leave? That's more certainty than Suzuki can give.

Dovi wouldn't / shouldn't go anywhere but stay. He's doing really well this season and gets a massive paycheck.

Bradley will probably get sacked if he doesn't improve soon, but really he should've improved five races ago.

The Espa bros are going to find themselves in a really nice spot next season if they keep performing the way they do now.

Curious as to what Lorenzo's gonna do.

·
Registered
9,277 Posts
He's not going anywhere. His options are very limited. Very.

·
Are we not men?
9,013 Posts
He's not going anywhere. His options are very limited. Very.
Yup. For as tempting as Suzuki may look to some, Lorenzo wants to win. Short of somehow landing a miracle Honda factory ride, Yamaha is his best bet.

·
Super Moderator
18,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
They're no dummies. Zuki was their only other option and they may not have gotten the same $$$ if they switched teams. So it's only natural that they chose the Duc. Although I did think Cal would at least test ride the Zook before making a decision.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts