Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Crutchlow

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Super Moderator
18,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, we're only a few days away from the start of the 2013 season, and here's what we know.

--Stoner is gone. Let it go and move on
--Lorenzo is champ, and is getting better every year. He'll be a favorite to win it all this year
--Pedrosa was on fire at the end of last year, and looked great in all pre-season testing. Could this be his year?
--Rossi is back!! He showed in testing he'll be fighting up front again. But just how far up there will he be?
--Marquez is a rookie but looks to be one helluva force in the race for the championship. But will he crash a lot, or be a regular on the podium?
--Crutchlow was good in pre-season, but I don't think he has what it takes to be an alien
--Dovizioso is now on the often tempermental Ducati. He's made it clear with pre-season statements he has no chance this year and I see him where Rossi was the last 2 years in the 6-10 spot
--Spies also jumped to Ducati. I'm just shaking my head at this and I don't see him even in the top 5 at any point this year
--Hayden is in a one year contract. He knows he better produce or it's hasta la vista

Now, realistically, we know that every race will be won by Rossi, Lorenzo, Pedrosa, or Marquez. They'll be far ahead of 5th place at the end of the race and I just hope that we see some great battles this year :)

Your thoughts?

·
Super Moderator
18,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oh, my pick is Rossi. I believe he is more hungry than he has ever been in his career and I also look for Marquez to crash into a few of the leaders and shake up the points standings.

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
I am rooting for Rossi all of the way but i have a feeling that Pedrosa just might steal the win.

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
Rossi

Like others have said, I think he's hungry! And he wants to prove he still has what it takes. Also, two seasons on the Ducati has probably toughened him up.

·
After Me Lucky Charms
5,281 Posts
I'm going with Pedrosa. He has been 2nd, 3 times now (2007, 2010, 2012).

·
Registered
5,884 Posts
My heart wants to say Vale, but my head thinks this may just be Pedrosa's year.

·
Registered
458 Posts
How long shall the poll stay open?

I just can't seem to choose between VR, J Lo & Dani. Championship fight will be between these 3 & results shall be close, unless injury creeps in.

MM is not a championship threat this season.

·
Registered
62 Posts
How long shall the poll stay open?

I just can't seem to choose between VR, J Lo & Dani. Championship fight will be between these 3 & results shall be close, unless injury creeps in.

MM is not a championship threat this season.
I agree. I'm going with Lorenzo. I don't think Pedrosa will beat him this year, Rossi has a really good chance now that he's on a good bike.

1. Lorenzo
  2. Rossi
  3. Pedrosa

·
OO=[][]=OO
7,410 Posts
Hopefully we will have a few more exciting races this year as there is more talent on capable equipment then last year, and as much as I would like to see Rossi take it all, im going J-lo.

·
Live to ride
12,017 Posts
I'm going with Pedrosa. He has been 2nd, 3 times now (2007, 2010, 2012).
Maybe 2nd again this year, he has a pattern....But I am picking pedro.

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
I am going with Rossi but either way it will be a great year for the sport. And next year will be even better because MM will be more comfortable on the bike and Rossi will also. Also Spies will be back to 100% if he does not get hurt again and if Ducati is able to make the bike better we will have Dovi fighting for podium spots with them as well. And dont count out Crutchlow. Then the possibility of other factory teams joining would make it even more competition in the front.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
I think it's safe to say that Rossi is now a stronger rider than he was in 2010 with the bad shoulder.

...and he was still able to pull of some pretty amazing performances in 2010. Let's hope his whole 2013 season can go that way.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts