Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Super Moderator
18,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the GP riders take their 3 week summer break, these are my immediate thoughts. I'll be covering the top riders, in order of their current standing in the points, as well as a few others.

1. Marc Marquez - as a rookie, it's amazing that he's leading at this point in the season. He's been nothing short of amazing and I don't see him slowing down anytime soon (unless he switches to Ducati :lol)
2. Dani Pedrosa - dude should be way out in front in points, but his cards just won't ever read royal flush. Seems like the best he can ever do is 3 of a kind
3. Jorge Lorenzo - when he's healthy, he's still the guy to beat in GP. But now he's hurt, and everytime he crashes, that injury is going to remind him just how much fun surgery is. Time will tell if it has a long term effect
4. Valentino Rossi - yup, he's doing pretty well. I think a lot of people expected him to just fade to black, but his heart and desire is still strong, and he's still more than competitive
5. Cal Cruthlow - I'm not sold on him just yet. He's one to be reckoned with, but I'm not ready to update his status to "alien". And if he goes to Ducati, just consider him done. He'll never recover

Now the rest.

Andrea Dovizioso - he went from being a regular on the podium to a regular CRT battler. Very, very, very sad
Nicky Hayden - Helluva employee. You give all every race and have zero to show for it. Maybe he should stop being so quiet, and let the world know exactly what's going on behind Ducati doors
Ben Spies - see above

Those are my worthless thoughts. What did I miss?

·
After Me Lucky Charms
5,281 Posts
Marquez...Alien #5
Dani...can never catch a break to win championship, even though been right there every year.
Jorge... Stupid, has a lot of grit, but stupid. The use of an arm isn't worth ONE year's championship.
Rossi...showing his old bones still have it.
Crutchlow...Career is over if he goes to Ducati (likely Dovi as well).

Dovi, career will no longer be a challenger for the championship.
Hayden. Get off the Ducati!

·
Registered
201 Posts
These guys are pros. They will ride for whoever is offering the most money. There are only so many Hondas and Yamahas. If Ducati fields 4 bikes then riders in need of jobs will ride them or go to another series to race, assuming there are any rides available that pay as well.

·
Registered
5,884 Posts
Dani has a dark cloud over his head. Every time it looks like he has it sown up, he gets injured. I think he is going to be the best racer to never win a championship.

·
Registered
245 Posts
I only started paying attention to GP a few years ago so far this has been the best season for me. I like Jorge, he is a solider and never says die gotta admire that. Marquez simply amazing, he's a quick study barring something stupid happening to him he's going to be the guy to beat especially next season. Nicky go to WSBK and win again you deserve it. Pedro what gives? Show some fire boy, Honda won't last forever and it's time to bring it home. Very interesting that you know who is testing for Honda next month there will be more to follow I'm sure on that front. Lastly Cal, I love that guy and root for him every race, if he had that little bit of extra factory support no doubt he would be up there shaking things up. Very much looking forward to the second half and very happy that I bought the Moto Gp pass this year, the new GP format Q1 and Q2 is awesome.

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
I stayed awake through three races so far. That's three more than last year. Marquez v. Lorenzo is interesting.

·
Registered
5,884 Posts
Pedro what gives? Show some fire boy, Honda won't last forever and it's time to bring it home. Very interesting that you know who is testing for Honda next month there will be more to follow I'm sure on that front.
Dani is in no danger from he who must not be named. Dani, barring serious injury or other disaster, has a contract through 2014. After that Pol will be a big threat.

·
After Me Lucky Charms
5,281 Posts
Not only does Dani have a contract, Repsol wants him there.

·
After Me Lucky Charms
5,281 Posts
Repsol has the ultimate team, to them. They have BOTH.

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
MotoGP 2013 is half way through....Your thoughts?
A Spaniard will end the season in 1st, 2nd or 3rd overall place.

Possibly two Spaniards in the top 3, but don't hold me to that.

·
Are we not men?
9,013 Posts
Repsol has a newer, younger, faster Spanish rider. Dani needs to step up.
Just the other day, I read that Honda said this very thing to Dani.

I wouldn't bet that Dani's contract is solid for '14.

·
Sled Head
654 Posts
I'm very impressed with Marc Marquez, he is going to be a champ in that series, he seems fearless in some of those corners. Did you see the pass on Rossi in the corkscrew off on the dirt & made it stick. Whew! I have seen him passing on other corners. He gets in their hot, has the whole rear end sliding and rides it out.
My question is: How can Colin Edwards keep getting a ride, when I can't even remember when he finished in the top 10?

·
Registered
4,314 Posts
1. Marc Marquez - the kid is gifted and def alien material. going to be hard to beat in the remaining races

2. Dani Pedrosa - i had him picked for the championship this year and really wanted to see him win. hes not out of it yet

3. Jorge Lorenzo - def the man to beat every race, hope his injury heals quickly

4. Valentino Rossi - good to see him at the front. hoping he can improve even more. next year a title contender, (unlikely) but wouldnt that be interesting

5. Cal Cruthlow - please no to ducati. hard to say no to millions of $'s though. if he goes there kiss his chances of getting a real ride goodbye. unfortunately he will fall victim just like everyone else.

Andrea Dovizioso - sad to see him at the back getting chased down by crt bikes. probably end his career

Nicky Hayden - poor guy. def gives 100%. give him one more year and one of those new production racing honda and yamaha.

Ben Spies - injury and a ducati, well that pretty much sums that up. i hope he doesnt retire. atleast go back to wbsk.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts