·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Man dies after losing control of motorcycle on I-595 exit ramp

By Andrew Ryan
Staff Writer
Posted July 17 2005, 2:23 PM EDT

DAVIE -- A 36-year-old man died when he lost control of his motorcycle Sunday afternoon and crashed into a guardrail, police said.

Police did not release the victim's name because they haven't told his family about the accident.

At about noon, the man drove west on Interstate 595 and turned the south exit for State Road Seven, said Florida Highway Patrol Sgt. Mark Wysokcy.

The man lost control on the curved exit ramp, hit the brakes, lost control, skidded off the left shoulder and flipped into the guardrail, Wysokcy said.

Rescuers took the man to Broward General Hospital, where he was pronounced dead.

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
Rip, a lot of peeps crashing into guard rails lately. I wonder if he was riding 9 turns when it happened.

·
Registered
94 Posts
We saw the aftermath of the accident on Sunday. We were riding 9-turns earlier that morning, then left working our way North. We turned back South and were going to head back through 9-turns once more on the way home. The authorities were blocking the Ramp to 441 Southbound. There were three motorcycles (looked like sportbikes), two on their kickstands and the one on its side near the end of the guardrail. There was a news truck on the scene but no ambulance; I assume it was already gone.

Sad Story. RIP.

·
Registered
4,480 Posts
Yeah that is very sad.

Last night there must have been 5-6 bikes go by the back of the house at over a buck twenty. I always pray that they make to their destination.

·
Registered
820 Posts
EdTeach said:
We saw the aftermath of the accident on Sunday. We were riding 9-turns earlier that morning, then left working our way North. We turned back South and were going to head back through 9-turns once more on the way home. The authorities were blocking the Ramp to 441 Southbound. There were three motorcycles (looked like sportbikes), two on their kickstands and the one on its side near the end of the guardrail. There was a news truck on the scene but no ambulance; I assume it was already gone.

Sad Story. RIP.
It was the first time I had seen a road accident in person. I was kinda freaked out yesterday. Even more so now that I know he passed away.

RIP :(

·
They call me a ride whore
1,387 Posts
R.I.P.... always sad to see another one go :eek:

·
Registered
4,480 Posts
Has he yet to be identified?

·
Registered
924 Posts