Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sure.. Two nights of riding and I already get a flat.. go figure..

It seems the nail decided to pop in and out so the tire went down very quickly.. had to gimp it home for about 5 miles.. that sucked

Now I have to get a new tire since this once is shot.. and I wouldnt ride on a plug or patch.. so..... the story goes.

And when your going 95mph and your bike seems like its slowing down.. you probebly have a flat.. it started to feel slugish but when i start to get into a turn.. it got hairy!

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Funny, I just had a flat Sunday 90 minutes from home. Believe it or not, there was a cycle shop open on sunday 10 miles from where I was. I used some green slime on it and went the slow speed way home. I ordered a Meztler M1 to replace it

·
Premium Member
14,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
CorvetteChris said:
Funny, I just had a flat Sunday 90 minutes from home. Believe it or not, there was a cycle shop open on sunday 10 miles from where I was. I used some green slime on it and went the slow speed way home. I ordered a Meztler M1 to replace it
Yeah I got lucky to keep going off the tollway.. but at 12:30am no one is open :) so i didnt have that choice.. could have called a friend.. but it would have taken longer then gimping it home

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
well, Im just glad your ok Fred. I've seen one of my friend take a nice d***** when he got a flat. The air went out VERY quickly and he got the wabbles and "plop" there he went and the bike...

glad it's only just a flat....nothing major mechanical

·
Premium Member
14,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well it started to wobble.. that is why I slowed down.. I knew something wasnt right.. by the time I got off at my exit.. which was a few blocks from when i noticed the problem.. i saw the tire was going down fast.

So i pulled out and headed home.. got a few more blocks and i noticed it was pretty much flat.. steering was a Joke.. so I gimped it back home

·
Registered
130 Posts
:hail Way to go Fred. Flats are never fun, but they're always better than crashing! Nice save.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Fred said:
Sure.. Two nights of riding and I already get a flat.. go figure..

It seems the nail decided to pop in and out so the tire went down very quickly.. had to gimp it home for about 5 miles.. that sucked

Now I have to get a new tire since this once is shot.. and I wouldnt ride on a plug or patch.. so..... the story goes.

And when your going 95mph and your bike seems like its slowing down.. you probebly have a flat.. it started to feel slugish but when i start to get into a turn.. it got hairy!

that sucks, think about getting a flat on a magnisum rear duc rim then all the sudden hitting a pot hole. there goes 800 bones + tire.

Slava

·
Premium Member
14,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
11 years I have been riding and NOW i get a flat.. FUCK..

the biggest thing I was worried about was the tire coming off the rim when i turned.. didnt want to ruin the rim also

·
Premium Member
14,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So how much for a new tire Slava.. Flatout Motorsports hooks everyone up.. how about old Webby :).. Heck I will just give you a call @ 317-890 9110.. hope thats the right number i got

·
Registered
130 Posts
Holy Shameless Plug Webman!!

Got any brake pads for a '99 SV650 you'd recommend? :d

·
Registered
23 Posts
Fred,
I was wondering if you made it home ok?
Must have esp or something.
More people have flats from driving out here in the sticks 'cause of all the f*****g building going on.

Big thanks for bringing out the stand adapters!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
I ordered my new tire from RonAyers.com on wed and just recieved it today! Damn is that service or what?

·
Mexican Hard Shell Taco
5,894 Posts
I've never had a flat on my bikes, but when I delivered Pizza I had 4 flats in 3 days!!!

All of them were in the morning, so when I got there I grabbed a new tube and replaced it. But the fourth one...

I was delivering an order, I was handing the pizza to a lady and then there was this sudden loud "psssssttt", I was like WTF? and then she told me, "I think it was your rear tire". Damn, sure it was.

I had to push the bike back to the pizza store, it took me like an hour and a half to get there!

·
Registered
389 Posts
Was it the rear? I've had a couple of those, no blowout yet thankfully.. Having the front blow out at speed is what scares me the most, but somehow front tire flats are rare for some reason..

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
I just had a flat about a week ago and lost all the tire pressure mid corner around 80-85mph, some how I kept it up and was able to get some help from a rancher who plugged the tire for me so I could get home which was 70 miles away.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
1 - 20 of 25 Posts