Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 163 Posts

·
Banned
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, title says everything. What do ya think of em?

·
I ♥ ♀
2,764 Posts
I think they are good people who are doing the thing that they think will get them to where they what to go. Different as they be, act, live, and believe in their Entity, they just have different views, such as you and I.

·
Registered
912 Posts
I hate MOrmans more than any other religion

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
I think they can be good people... however, I was once told by a Mormon that it's possible to become God.... and since then I haven't thought much of them. Also, something too about certain weddings that they can have that is so sacred that they are still married after death too. Ummmm.... yeah.

·
Registered
136 Posts
They have different beliefs thats for sure. I'm a Christian BTW. Whats everbody else? They think that everbody is going to heaven but they (being mormons) will rule over it. Hmmm not quite. Not everbody is going to heaven I'll tell you that.

·
Registered
576 Posts
They don't bother me as long as they don't preach their thing to me. But their views are kinda extreme for a christian sect.

·
Registered
24 Posts
i had to deal with about 20 of them for 8 hours on my flight to sweden. they were all on their missionary trip. wore me out. telling me about the book of mormon and all that stuff. i don't assume they are all annoying, but those people sure as hell were.

·
Banned
3,018 Posts
I don't really know much about them except my cousin converted to marry one..but we hardly hear from her now....so I don't know if that has something to do with it??!! It's just strange!!

·
Registered
522 Posts
i think they're just like everyone else be it Christian, Mormon, Muslim, Atheist. There are good ones and there are bad ones, you can only judge on an individual basis.

·
#1 Gear Nazi
4,748 Posts
My little sister converted to Mormon because all of her friends were Mormon. I wanted to slap her silly for doing it. I have no problems with them, it's just that she converted to be in the popular group I guess, got me.

·
Valiant Poultry
15,151 Posts
I think they are an odd group.

Nothing really wrong with them, just different.

·
Registered
981 Posts
i knew a girl and her family that was mormon. i was stuck on this girl for the longest time, and finally snapped out of it while in college. ive come to realize i dont like mormon's. their views on everything are seriously skewed from what i consider common sense. there can be people that dont act like sh*tbricks. but the ones i do know, i no longer speak to because they have that whole "holier than thou" attitude.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I used to know alot of them during school but now they've all disappeared after getting married and whatnot. Kinda strange.

·
Registered
981 Posts
ElJefe982 said:
I used to know alot of them during school but now they've all disappeared after getting married and whatnot. Kinda strange.
thats cuz they've horded themselves in the house pumping out babies like a sweat shop.

·
Registered
337 Posts
to me,it's an odd religion....and they have more money than...well...you know.ever been to salt lake city and seen the buildings they have?holw cow.....

also look the churches they have in your towns....look to see if they have windows.if they do they are very small...either in height or width....don't believe me?do some ck'ing around.....

there are several midwest to western towns that have had to pass discrimination laws to prevent the moroms from only doing buisness with other mormon buisnesses.for the devoute..a certain percentage of your paycheck goes to the church without fail.to those who are high on the devoute list you may attend church at the main church in salt lake.

we went to see the main compound during christmas...man,i'm telling ya.....every tree,EVERY BRANCH....was lit with lights...i'll have to find the pics...

i find the mormon faith curious.....i would like to learn more about it..not join it...just learn about it.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I work with 2 mormons, and they are extremely nice people. They have never tried to push there beliefs on me, which is more than I can say for some other faiths. I play basketball with mormons at there church every week, and none of them have tried to convert me. I must agree with some of the previous post, that there are some weird morons out there.

·
Banned
3,018 Posts
Is anyone Morman here??? Can someone come out and explain what the religion is all about and why you can't have caffine in your body?? I heard my cousin mention that at one time and I had no clue what it meant.

I know they have to give up 10% of their earnings to their church or whatever they call it...probably why you see such ornate buildings of theirs...I don't know...I would just like to learn more about them and why I never hear from my cousin!!

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
I know they have to give up 10% of their earnings to their church or whatever they call it.
Isn't that just about every organized religion? My friend's a Baptist minister and said his church "expected" everyone to give 10 percent tythes. He didn't really agree with that, but that's what his church wanted.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Just like any religion you have normals and extreme retards. Some mormons make silly statements and are very pushy about religion when what comes out of their mouth isn't mentioned anywhere or taught anywhere in their religion. Happens with all religions. I have met these types of people representing many different kinds of religions. They adapt their religion to their beliefs and attitudes when it is actually supposed to be the other way around. Baptists and Catholics seem to be the worst around here from my personal experience. Some idiots should just be banned from opening their mouth, but since it isn't possible we all suffer from their idiotic rantings. To my knowledge, NO christian based religion (Especially Mormons) ever says that you can become god. So if anyone heres this, just disregard anything that idiot has to say. I know for a fact that you would be excommunicated from most churches including the mormon church for saying something like this. As for mormons being really different or above everyone. Nah, not really much different at all. Just have a few non normals that tend to grab lots of attention for some unknown reason. But then again this is true for any other religion also. Just takes the right people to humble them down a few pegs. :D

As for the whole caffine thing. Caffine is an addictive drug that is added to products to make them give you a boost while slowly making your body dependant on it. Just like smoking, alcohol, tatoos, and other drugs mormons tend to frown on things that harm the body, mind, or spirit. It is a, god gave it to us so we will take care of it, mentality. Pretty simple concept actually, and I think most religions have some rules following the same ideas.

·
Premium Member
20,922 Posts
Very nice people all and all. I really try not to judge...

I have to brush up on my history a little. I seem to remember that LDS, or Mormons
started out in the early 1800s by this guy John or Joe Smith.

Said he found this 'book' and some crystal ball-like 'seeing?' stones under a rock.
He said an Indian spirit, or an Extra Terrestrial told him where to look.

It gets better, apparently Jesus himself decided to check out North America after that whole mideast thing went bad.

So he cruised on over and passed around the peace pipe with the native boys.
Left them with this book (The book of Mormon) these cool wacky 8-ball stones and some armor plate chest piece. ???

Bringham Young came along much later with some really crazy-fun new ideas..
Oh yeah, there was plenty of drinking and cussing and smoking and sex going on back then.
Guess things were getting a little too hard for ol BY to handle
with so much fun happening, (the 'churches' were empty) so he banned most of that stuff.
Except for the 'Elders', of course.

And on and on...

This was a CULT by any definition of the word.
Nice people, though.

Not meant to offend any Mormons... :surprised I don't give a damn what anyone's religion is. Can't judge, can't judge :flipa
Just don't blow me up! :blowingup

Just googled this - Real Mormon History

1 - 20 of 163 Posts