Sport Bikes banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
971 Posts
I thought the Chapter 11 would be focused on the car part of the company and that the motorcycle/atv side was healthy...

BREAKING NEWS: Suzuki begins cutting motorcycle, ATV dealers | Dealernews
They may just be taking the opportunity to thin their dealer ranks while they have chapter 11 protection. I just hope they don't cut the one that just added Suzuki near me last year. The next closest is a bit of a haul.

Sucks for the dealerships that will be cut, but it's better than Suzuki Motorcycles and Powersports following the Auto line down the road. Plus, they need money to bring a Hayabusa update to market in light of the latest ZX-14.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Although I'm too old for a hard-core sport-bike, if I were a younger guy buying one it would be the Suzuki GSXR 750. Perfect combination of light weight, handling, power and reasonable comfort, and most motorcycle mags say the same. For both cars and motorcycles there are a lot more players in the markets these days and profit margins are slim.

·
13 motorsports
742 Posts
The Euro brands have been proving for a few years now that burying your head in the sand during a recession doesn't work. Innovation and providing a product that excites customers will keep your brand healthy. I can't remember the last time Suzuki came out with a significant revamp. It's their own fault in my opinion.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Anyyone noticed MC prices are up about 30% over the last 6 or 7 years, my salary hasnt. I remember when an fjr was about $10,000, now about 14 grand. Only your budget bikes have held to marginal increases. But the price escalation doesnt help sales, IMO, in todays economy.
Although some of the low intersest rates, keep the pace of price escallation about equal.

Suzuki with its zero interest, still having trouble selling? Humm thats says alot

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
I think part of it is exchange rates, and part of it is manufacturing costs.

Liter bikes used to cost 14k in Canada not too long ago. Now they're beginning to push 18.5-19k for just a Honda.

Hard to justify spending that kind of coin when you can grab a 2010-2011 for half that IMO

·
Registered
357 Posts
The USA gets the cheapest motorcycle prices compared to almost anywhere in the world. Try buying the same bike in Canada or Australia and see how much you pay for it (with currency almost at par) and that is before taxes, shipping,etc. No sympathy here lol.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts