Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
That's Mrs. Hawker 2U!
5,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you who may be interested, we have another race at Sugar River Raceway in Brodhead on Saturday (June 18th) night. Races start at 6:30 with practice at 5:00. Hawker and I will be there with the mighty YSR50, TTR125 and the naughty little YZ80. Concessions are available and it's always a good time. $12 pit pass or spectating from the parking lot is free. Hopefully some of you will join us and cheer as I try REALLY hard to not crash this week!!!! :eek:nfloor This week's goal is to stay on two wheels (rubber side up, of course). I already know I'll be dead last, but hey it's all about the fun!!!!

·
Premium Member
7,390 Posts
Well assuming I have nothing going on (Which is a pretty obvious assumption :( ) I'll make the long journey out there. I had fun spectating the last time out.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
I want to come out, I'll call you or PM you about directions- I could also help keep an eye on your daughter since I'll have my son with me, most likely... I can't seem to find a sitter this week :(

Oh, and BTW...

GOOD LUCK TAMMY!!!!! I KNOW YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!

·
That's Mrs. Hawker 2U!
5,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cool!
Jake-are you going to stop being a cheap ass and come into the pits this time???? :)

Jaime-We don't have kids this weekend, but your son should have a blast anyway. I think someone could post good driving directions from Milwaukee.

·
Combat Marshmellow
13,132 Posts
blndebmbr said:
This week's goal is to stay on two wheels (rubber side up, of course). I already know I'll be dead last, but hey it's all about the fun!!!!
first, last or crashed.... as long as you give it your all it doesn't matter what the outcome is.... :neener

kick ass sea bass :beer

·
That's Mrs. Hawker 2U!
5,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks badgixxer, it's one thing to preach it and another to live it, ya know????
One more race and I'll be one frustrated little wench because "I am not getting it." I can rail that thing on the ice, but the asphalt is a different story....I haven't figured out my deal yet but I will...all in due time, I just get very impatient....

·
Premium Member
7,390 Posts
blndebmbr said:
I think someone could post good driving directions from Milwaukee.
The easiest way from Milwaukee would be to jump on I-43, head south about 70 miles until it turns into Highway 81 at Beloit. Take Highway 81 west about 25 miles until it intersects with Highway 11. Turn left there and drive less than a mile and take the next left just after the bridge, which will be Mt. Hope Road. Drive south on Mt. Hope Road for about a quarter of a mile and the track will be on your left. You can't miss it.

·
Premium Member
7,390 Posts
diamond said:
hey Greg, where's directions for us middle towners?
Well if you guys are coming by car the best way would be to take Highway 26 south to Janesville. When you get into Janesville, turn right or west onto Highway 14. Take that for about 7 miles to County Highway H. Turn left or south onto CTH H and follow that for about 5 miles until you run into Highway 11. Once you get to 11, turn right or west and take that to Brodhead, which will be around 15 miles away. Follow 11 through Brodhead and drive 3 miles past Brodhead until you get to Mt. Hope Road, which will be on the left or south side of the road, just after the Sugar River bridge. Drive about a quarter mile and you'll see the track on the left.

If you're bringing the bikes I'd suggest taking 26 south and once you get to Fort Atkinson, get off onto Highway 106 and follow that west for like 10 miles until you get to Highway 73. Turn left or south onto 73, which turns into Highway 51 when you cross the Interstate, and follow that into Edgerton. In Edgerton you'll run into Highway 59. Turn right or west onto that and follow it through Evansville. About 5 miles past Evansville, 59 merges with Highway 104. Take 104 south for 7 miles and it'll take you to Highway 11 and Brodhead. Turn right or west onto 11 and follow it through Brodhead and drive 3 miles past Brodhead until you get to Mt. Hope Road, which will be on the left or south side of the road, just after the Sugar River bridge. Drive about a quarter mile and you'll see the track on the left. :dblthumb

·
Premium Member
7,390 Posts
diamond said:
Next weekend, it's back to work... moving, electrical, appliances delivery... :rolleyes
I have no idea what you're talking about. :moon

·
Combat Marshmellow
13,132 Posts
blndebmbr said:
I just get very impatient....
just relax and enjoy yourself the rest will come.... :beer

·
Premium Member
7,390 Posts
diamond said:
:neener

We'll leave you out of this one... we'll just invite you over for suspension setup fun once we're moved in.
It's all good. I need the exercise anyways. But I already know I have to work 5 to 11 next Saturday so my services will be limited.

·
Premium Member
7,390 Posts
benjester said:
HA... that's where you are mistaken... we are moving Friday afternoon and evening... ;)
Well I guess that I'm going to have to drive up on Friday then!!!! :neener

Am I really arguing to help move????

·
That's Mrs. Hawker 2U!
5,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
It's all good!!!!

Can't wait to see you all again. Just make sure that if you don't come into the pits, you make it obvious you are there...I great pretty wrapped up in the races and forget time and space on occasion. :rolleyes Just tryin' to get the "chi" going!!!! :eek:nfloor

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Well, it is a little after six and I still haven't been able to leave to go up there. I'm not going to be able to make it but I'm still cheering you on!! When is your next race? I'll be sure to be there- you go girl!!

1 - 20 of 48 Posts