Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I went to put some stuff in my trunk that I had bought at a store and low and behold my seat came off with out the retaining clip. Some how the nut had backed off and was gone. The clip was still stuck in the latch. I was at Canadian Tire so luckily I went in and bought a M6 nylon-locking nut. I found one of my grab rail bolts was loose aging this weekend. I bought some blue thread locker and proceeded to thread lock nearly every bolt on the rear end. I can't be the only one this is happening too. I'd suggest you all check to make sure your aren't working them selves out. All of that vibration at 5k is most likely the culprit. Hopefully the thread lock will prevent it from happening again.

·
Registered
205 Posts
lbjester said:
Well I went to put some stuff in my trunk that I had bought at a store and low and behold my seat came off with out the retaining clip. Some how the nut had backed off and was gone. The clip was still stuck in the latch. I was at Canadian Tire so luckily I went in and bought a M6 nylon-locking nut. I found one of my grab rail bolts was loose aging this weekend. I bought some blue thread locker and proceeded to thread lock nearly every bolt on the rear end. I can't be the only one this is happening too. I'd suggest you all check to make sure your aren't working them selves out. All of that vibration at 5k is most likely the culprit. Hopefully the thread lock will prevent it from happening again.
Nah, it's just you, there are some little Leprechauns working on your bike at night loosening bolts while you sleep.
If I were you I would check every nut and bolt every morning before I ride. :twofinger :lol :lol :lol

Skippy (Who hasn't had a single bolt come loose)

·
Registered
205 Posts
FZ6 said:
That you have found so far. :smilierr

Impossible to find something if you are not looking for it :lol

Honestly, my bike runs perfect and I am 100% happy with it, the only thing that would entice me to change this bike would be an FZ1 that looked the same, and had a full R1 motor in it, not a detuned Thundercat motor.

Skippy

·
Registered
6,267 Posts
lbjester said:
What vibration at 5k? My bike did not come with this "feature".

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
rennsport said:
What vibration at 5k? My bike did not come with this "feature".
:lol :lol :lol :lol

·
Registered
610 Posts
If it makes you feel any better,my rear left indicator came loose and was dangling by the cables after returning from a ride.

·
Registered
371 Posts
I noticed today that my brake light housing was loose... Hopefully I don't find anything else.

·
Super Nibber
501 Posts
rattlen man

funkeycold said:
I noticed today that my brake light housing was loose... Hopefully I don't find anything else.
Yo Funkey, That is intentionally loose on all of our bikes so it dont rattle the tungsten element man.

·
Sportbike.net junkie
1,242 Posts
funkeycold said:

If you mean the tailight lens, they are all like that.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Oh... uh...I knew that... :D

J/K, thanks for the heads-up. I feel dumb now. :)

·
Registered
58 Posts
Nothing loose on mine and I'm over 9000 miles.

·
Registered
341 Posts
i havent had this vibration i just get the engine rattle sound at 4k rpms which by my guess is normal.

·
Premium Member
1,864 Posts
funkeycold said:
Oh... uh...I knew that... :D

J/K, thanks for the heads-up. I feel dumb now. :)
They all sound smart know that they knew this, but a few months back everyone was wondering why it was loose.

·
Registered
49 Posts
i've had two bolts on my radiator come loose, my seat latch come off and bolt for the shifter pedal come off.... not fun! it was only two months old. I now have lock bolts on shifter linkage and put new lock tight on everything.

·
Registered
4 Posts
What about the radiator front side plastic cover? It is loose on mine and a couple of other FZ6's I' ve seen. I am sure it is responsible for some rattling sounds at around 4-5k rpms.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
When my dealer prepped my bike, the mechanic marked the position of the primary bolts with a felt marker pen. I liked the idea so much, I have since marked *every* bolt on the bike. I merely put a little tick mark at its 12-oclock position.

Now, every weekend I do a general check on the bike. This includes a scan over all the bolts for their marks. FAST!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts