Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
That is a damn sexy bike, I bet when he lands it's gonna hurt.

·
Super Moderator
18,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
joberly said:
Nice pics... what's up with that last one? Looks just wrong/wierd.... ? Did he go down?
I'm going to go out on a limb and say he did...It looks like his front wheel tucked and he is about to go get a first class ticket on "crash air" :eek: ...

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Great looking bike! That last one looks like hes a good 6 inches off the gorund...I'll bet he is thinking in that picture "Damn there goes the new paint job!"

·
what R you lookin' at?
5,313 Posts
haga goes.........................YIKES!

·
Suzuki 3000GT
2,107 Posts
Nice pics. I wonder what the bike looks like now. No way he could have landed in a turn like that and made it out.

·
Banned
912 Posts
What's the deal with the R7 I don't think I've ever heard of it. Is it the bike that Yam used to race in the 700 class?

·
Registered
522 Posts
marsolais said:
What's the deal with the R7 I don't think I've ever heard of it. Is it the bike that Yam used to race in the 700 class?
Yamaha built it to race in World and Domestic Superbike series. it was a 750 (749cc i think) inline four and raced against the likes of the RC51/Ducati 996/998/GSX-R750 etc, etc. It never won WSBK, but Haga was close. He lost because of a failed drug test because of some prescription medication. I'd say it was an overall failure since it didn't win AMA/BSB?/or WSBK. But they are beautiful bikes. They were made in limited numbers and basically were made to race. If you wanted to buy one, you had to have the right papers. Very rare bike.

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
that's just one of those bikes where you can get naked and rub yourself all over it!

·
Mexican Hard Shell Taco
5,894 Posts
japbike said:
that's just one of those bikes where you can get naked and rub yourself all over it!
WOW! I must get one and take it to your place!

·
Site Sponsor
1,639 Posts
If I remember right, back when these were being deliverd (1998? 1999??), you had to provide Yamaha USA's race program with a substantial resume and the ability to pay out the 28k for the base bike. That was not a race-prepped SBK-ready machine, that was the street version, headlights, plastic body..blah blah blah. I'm not sure if they even passed emissions or were title-able for street use. Anyways, I knew a guy name Dalton down in TX who was signing up for one. Dunno if he ever got it.

The 'hopper

·
Premium Member
7,390 Posts
I saw a R7 at Daytona Bike Week last year. These pictures are doing it no justice. You can really appreciate what a sweet ass bike it is when you see it up-close.

·
Registered
416 Posts
i love the head lights, you see them molded in on r1's once very blue moon

·
I own license2ill
5,679 Posts
for all those who asked about the last pic if you look closley you can see he hit one of the poles in the ground so im gona say he went down

·
Super Moderator
18,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Jake said:
I saw a R7 at Daytona Bike Week last year. These pictures are doing it no justice. You can really appreciate what a sweet ass bike it is when you see it up-close.
I don't know...The race bike pic makes me drool...And I don't even like Yami's.. /shrug

1 - 20 of 26 Posts