1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Chris Saldaña, Reporter
Movie Goer Assaulted at Fahrenheit 9/11 Showing

Email to a Friend Printer Friendly Version

(Jun. 25) -- The highly anticipated film, Fahrenheit 9/11, came with more than just controversy at one Las Vegas movie theatre. Moviegoer, Richard Streeter, was one of the many who made his way to a theatre to see what the hype was about. After viewing the film, he was greeted outside the theatre by members of the Las Vegas MoveOn.org.

The group was handing out leaflets on the importance of the film. Streeter voiced his view on the movie, "I made the comment, apples and oranges -- Kerry, Bush -- one's no better than the other. You really ain't got much of a choice. This guy comes up to me and says, 'Oh yeah?' " Streeter was then spat on by the same man.

He attempted to call police to report the incident when he was told not to, "A guy standing next to him said why don't you drop it. I said, 'No, I'm calling the police. I'm exercising my right as a citizen, I've been assaulted.' "

But the horror kept on growing for Streeter as he walked to his car on the phone with police, "This guy turns, and totally by surprise takes his hand and bam! It was a big guy. Shoved me onto the ground, I hit my head." A police report has been filed.

The film is a portrayal of President Bush and his administration. Filmmaker Michael Moore admits Fahrenheit 9/11 is his personal attack on the President and intends to change voters' minds. The President's supporters say the movie is being used for propaganda.

·
Posse Pimp Daddy #1
2,767 Posts
Gezz.....this is way out of hand. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. The country was founded on that. It was founded on the principal of you believing your own thing. If you think the president sucks, you voice it by voting against him. Just as you would vote for him if you do like him. Why can't people just respect that? Why does it have to resort to spitting in someone's face and then assaulting him?

·
Super Moderator
9,239 Posts
Sounds like some people on this board that get too carried away with their views. You disagree with them or even if you really don't care one way or another, they will try to make you look like an idiot just so that they can feel better about themselves. Reminds me of a 2nd grade bully, with about that much of a maturity level.

·
Posse Pimp Daddy #1
2,767 Posts
Justin726 said:
Sounds like some people on this board that get too carried away with their views. You disagree with them or even if you really don't care one way or another, they will try to make you look like an idiot just so that they can feel better about themselves. Reminds me of a 2nd grade bully, with about that much of a maturity level.
I couldn't agree more... I will only post one or two things in those type of threads and then bow out because it can get rediculus.

·
Valiant Poultry
15,151 Posts
^^^

I personally think Michael Moore is an idiot, but I can understand why some people like and agree with him.

However, for groups to actually assault someone because they don't agree 100% with the person they are supporting is absolutely insane. I hope this goes to court and the members of that group that took part in it all end up in jail.

Then Michael Moore can make a movie about how "the system" keeps his "supporters" down.

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
However, for groups to actually assault someone because they don't agree 100% with the person they are supporting is absolutely insane.

-cough- HITLER -cough-

I wouldn't put moore anywhere near the same class of hitler but that statement reminded me of him.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts