Sport Bikes banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
what R you lookin' at?
5,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i bought the bike 4yrs ago w/ 2000mi, she has about 50k now.

bike already had two bros full exhaust w/ o2 ports custom installed into the header.

i've added

racetech ft springs
carbon fiber ft fender and NWS rear hugger
COrbin saddle (rode to hollister, CA from houston, TX to get it :p )
zero gravity double bubble
mushroom frame sliders
second look tank bra

·
who......me????
293 Posts
Thottlemeister! that's all so far...but what a good investment!

·
Registered
558 Posts
I haven't added anything, I bought it with a erion exhaust and a corbin solo saddle.
I'm debating about getting a PCII as sometimes If I ride her before she gets warmed up(175) she'll boggle when I let off the gas. Mine is a 98 and I have heard that the 98's tend to run lean anyway and have issues with the FI as it was honda's first real FI. However when I got mine back from the shop after getting the 17K service it feels(smells) like its running rich. I know you can buy a PCII from erion already mapped for their exhaust so I might do that if I end up keeping the bike for another year or so. After that alls I want is some suspension upgrades.

·
how bout dem deadskins
3,235 Posts
I NEED POWER CAPTAIN... i mean i want to get a power commander for my BD

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
the 01' 929RR : Titanium Micron slip on, Scotts stearing D. and a Stage III Power Commander.... nothing really exciting. The 96' F3, I'm trying to put her back into original condition. She came pipe and jetted Micron.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Hey all. My next bike is currently in a storage shed at the local MC dealer. It's an '04 Interceptor (asphalt flavor) I will be picking it up once I am healed enough to ride it...which will be about three week. One of the first things I planned on getting for it was a pair of frame sliders. Does anyone have and good suggestions/links for frame sliders for that model? Thanks!

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have an 01 vfr800 so far I've put on
double bubble windscreen
Two Bros C4 Slipon
K&N air filter
Bar ends
Foot pegs
Kison Tailblazer
Kison Pathblazer

·
Registered
156 Posts
'99 VFR800Fi

M4 CF Exhaust
Zero Gravity Double Bubble Windscreen
Throddle Miezer Bar Ends
Corbin Seat
Pro-Tech GP foot Pegs

·
Registered
389 Posts
japbike said:
the 01' 929RR : Titanium Micron slip on, Scotts stearing D. and a Stage III Power Commander.... nothing really exciting. The 96' F3, I'm trying to put her back into original condition. She came pipe and jetted Micron.
OY! This is not a stinkin crotch-rocket subforum!! Go get a real bike if you wanna hang with us! :twofinger j/k

Is the PC really worth it's price.. Considered one for a long time but.. Ohlins back suspension is on top of my list.. I heard you don't really gain much with a PC. I have a Micron exhaust, that's about it.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I've got a 98VFR and have added a Two Bros. high mount carbon slip-on, a K&N filter and a PCII. ALL very good additions.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Suspension is the Next Thing on my list.. The rear needs to be reworked.. I'm investigating options....Maybe a Hyperpro Rear Shock and Convert the Front to RC51 Specs.

·
Registered
18 Posts

Kisan tail blazer
Hot Grips
2x heat trollers (1 for the vest, 1 for the hotgrips)
BMC air filter
HEL brake lines & EBC brake pads
Corbin Beatle Bags
ZG double bubble
Sylvania silver star H4 bulbs, with CA sport touring shims
Down one tooth on front sproket from 17 to 16
speedohealer
Flapper valve disconnected

On the wish list for winter projects:
Race Tech Fork package
Rear shock improvements
Heavier bar ends
O2 sensor eliminators
After Market Seat, Corbin/Sargent
Slip-on Exhaust or a used TBR full system

·
Registered
148 Posts
TBR hi-pipe
K&N filter
Bar risers
Custom made mirror extendors
Dynojet Power Commander PCII
Maxxis rubbers
Fenderoctomy

Soon to be de-flapped and the list is ever going, there are so many things I want to do to it, hopefully soon!$$$$$

·
Speed Racer
1,650 Posts
'99 VFR
Micron Slip on
K&N
PCII
Heated handgrips
led running lights in the turn signal housing
integrated voltmeter and garage door opener < very handy
Sargent seat
polished outer rims < looks nice, not too much shine
some type of grey/blue headlights

I also get 'bogging' and the backfire before the engine warms up. I don't think its a big deal. Warm up is a bitch with any bike w/o electronic choke. An issue i'm not going to do anything about. My bike is dialed in for the k&n and micron.
This is my first bike with a V engine. Takes some getting used to in the upper rev range. I'm used to almost no vibration right up to 8k. This is def different.

·
Registered
148 Posts
1998 with....

Two Bros. Hi Pipe
Moded stock pipe (shortened by 14" and baffles removed)
Gen Mar bar risers
Harris Adj. Rear set
Power Comm. II
R/R fan
Custom made mirror extenders
Lockhart-Phillips undertail locker
LED and Neon accent lighting
Rim Stripes
Maxxis Wheeleze
Crash Bobbins

Hopefully there is plenty more to come....A corbin and RS Performance Replica Paint by next season. I'm working on trying to get everything including decal pictures for creating an RS Performance VFR Replica.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts