Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,390 Posts
I like the new windscreen, I like the red running lights, but I've never been a fan of the no mirror look.

·
Registered
415 Posts
awesome bike man! my greggs blinkers will be home tomorow....will post some pics later
BTW nice shield too

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks nolo and yeah the little red lights are always on while running, lol.

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
good looking bike

·
Banned
730 Posts
Aren't you a little old to be doing stupid mods to a really nice vehicle? No mirrors and blinkers that can barely be seen when on the road. Genius. Pure genius. :eek:nfloor

·
Registered
966 Posts
it looks good but how are you going to see behind you, and dont say "you dont need to see whats behind you." The only time I run without mirrors is on the track, and thats with a track bike....and the street is no track.

·
King of Oilernation
1,237 Posts
It looks funny without the mirrors. Plus, I'm too wary of the assholes on the road to forgo my mirrors. Are those LED turn signals up front? Seems like they would be hard to see. I guess my only point is that if you like it- cool; but you have reduced the safety of your bike considerably.

·
Don't tease the dragon
1,193 Posts
I always wonder why people spend the Money on gregg's hole covers - ours are less expensive and pretty sharp!
As far as the bilnkers - The visibility on them isn't very good - you need something BRIGHT that's out away from the body slightly to be seen better. Those look good when you're parked, but don't help much when you want someone to see them.

·
Official E-Thug
1,689 Posts
It looks good if its for sitting in ur driveway........... if you actually *ride* it, mirrors would be a nice upgrade... the R1 comes with mirrors right? Oh wait, u did that on purpose?

save the no mirror look for the track....... and by the look of what u consider "mods" that will be a place u will never see

·
how bout dem deadskins
3,235 Posts
i was considering the block-offs myself but realized that it gets kinda annoying having to turn around everytime.. but the windscreens cool

·
Registered
447 Posts
I like mirrors also because they serve a purpose but it does look clean without em. Flushmount signals look good also as long as the people in front can see em. People from the rear will see your rear integrated blinkers.

Hate the swingarm tag holder.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
All those thoughts crossed my mind before I bought the mirror covers but in the end you all know what I did. My solution to the no mirrors is I usually stay on one side of the road so I only have to look one way. There is a mirror on tobefast.com that mounts on the left handlebar which I already ordered. I'm also going to put a lipstick camera facing the rear and a 3" or 4'' monitor up front so I could see what's coming from the rightside.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 28 Posts