Sport Bikes banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been reading a lot of what you guys have got to say and I think I may be in the right place. I'm a recent owner of a 05 fz6 (my very first bike -if you can believe it). I love the damn thing. But like most guys... I've got to tinker. I've done some modifications (painted windscreen and back fender a two-tone color to catch the blue of the bike), rigged both lights to run and replaced front turn signals with flush mounts. Now, my next venture are the mirrors... can't say I'm too fond of them I guess. Does anyone know of other types out there or modifications they've done to change them? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
To be honest I don't recall anybody changing the mirrors or doing anything with them at all. I was trying to figure out a way to add turn signals to them like you see on some of the newer bikes but never came up with a good idea so just added some hyper-lite turn signals to the bottoms of them.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
I've been thinking of changing the mirrors too, but have not really persued it yet...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Keep me posted and I'll do the same. I'm looking to bring them lower and closer to the handlebars (where they'll still have a use, but not be so "antenna" looking). I've seen the mirrors you add to the ends of the handgrips (I've seen circular ones), but I don't know how that would look.

·
Registered
7,335 Posts
Welcome from another Rochestarian.

Where'd you get your bike from?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
To you.... fellow Rochestarian... I bought mine @ Cycle Enterprise in W. Bloomfield. My buddy has the silver FZ6. He bought his there too. Perhaps we should hook up sometime for a ride. To Steveo756 - I bought the flush mounts at Hollink - a typical bike shop ($19.95/pair). You'll need to do some work to your fairing with a dremmel, but it's well worth it. The bike looks so much smoother with them than without. I got white to stand out more than the amber. DOT or not... it looks so much better.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
greatzippy said:
To be honest I don't recall anybody changing the mirrors or doing anything with them at all. I was trying to figure out a way to add turn signals to them like you see on some of the newer bikes but never came up with a good idea so just added some hyper-lite turn signals to the bottoms of them.
Been chatting with Speedzilla in another thread...
May have a lead on some mirrors with intergrated turnsignals...

Anyone know the distance between the center of one bolt to the other on the FZ6 in Millimeters?

Attachments

·
Theres no I in threesome
6,118 Posts
I'm taking off some plastic tomorrow, I'll measure it tomorrow with some calipers.

·
Registered
7,335 Posts
Destraga said:
To you.... fellow Rochestarian... I bought mine @ Cycle Enterprise in W. Bloomfield. My buddy has the silver FZ6. He bought his there too. Perhaps we should hook up sometime for a ride. To Steveo756 - I bought the flush mounts at Hollink - a typical bike shop ($19.95/pair). You'll need to do some work to your fairing with a dremmel, but it's well worth it. The bike looks so much smoother with them than without. I got white to stand out more than the amber. DOT or not... it looks so much better.
Sorry for the delayed response. I've been on vacation and just got back today.

That's where I got mine as well. I go to them for everything. Great little place! That and I live in Avon, so it's closer to me.

Let me know when/where you'd like to ride.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts