Sport Bikes banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my RC for less than a week now so it's still bone stock, but looking ahead I do want to get slip-ons and a PC for it. Since I don't have $1500 laying around I'm going to have to do this in stages so I'm thinking that I'll get the PCIIIr first and run it with stock pipes until I decide what exhaust I want and have the bucks to order it.

If I go this route, will the bike gain anything from having the Power Commander mated up to stock pipes? Or, would it be better to get the exhaust first and then the PC? Also, I checked out the website and every bike has a different part number for its PC. Do they make that many different hardware versions or is it the same box but with maps for the different bikes and exhaust systems?

Any advice that you folks can give about your own experience or about the Power Commander in general is appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike

·
Registered
503 Posts
I'd honestly get the PC first, because you can fine tune it with all stock hardware and still gain power. Just my opinion, though, I've never used a PC as I'm stuck with carbs for the time being.

·
what R you lookin' at?
5,313 Posts
join www.rc51.org they've already done all the mod combo's imaginable.......worth the price of subcription

1 - 5 of 5 Posts