Sport Bikes banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I’m getting an 01 R6 this Friday assuming that the loan does not have any more hold ups. The bike has a slip on pipe and the guy has a K&N that he never put on. What would be a good dreamer list of future mods? This is what I’m thinking down the road:

Jetting
Full header back exhaust
And what every is needed with the K&N (new airbox?)

Please make suggestion including brand names, since I’m new to the whole sportbike community.

Thanks,
Jason

·
Registered
69 Posts
congrats on the new bike! I would just do general maintenance. chain, sprockets...possibly switch over to a 530 chain. Oil changed etc. then worry about the other stuff.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Do the maintenance first. SProcket/chain if necessary.
I have the same year.
Put a full Micron and K&N then had it rejetted. results were wicked. 99.97 to the wheel but the best was the torque boost and the flat ass curve.
Micron just had the best HP increase as rated and it sounds like heaven. Putting the K&N in was a pain. it wouldn't squish into the grooves. I had to by new longer bolts so they would catch. But thats not big a deal. Putting the exhaust on would prolly have been a little easier with another set of hands. those little exhaust rings are a BITCH.
Oh, get some new headlight bulbs. New Sylvanias are great. Stock just didn't feel up to par. But I ride with a tinted shield at night so what do I know?
Honestly, I don't want anything else until I go out to Jennings and either break something or figure out how to ride past the stock suspension.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts