Sport Bikes banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
My fanclub is here
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got word our operation may move to Mobile. What's the riding like down there? How far is it to the nearest track? What tracks are in bama besides Barber?

·
Registered
649 Posts
Jennings GP will be very close to you, over in North Florida. The riding is great, esp along the coast, but limited twisties. I'm about 4 hours north, but spend some time in the mobile area.

·
Evil Wicked Mean & Nasty
1,187 Posts
I live in Midtown Mobile, about 10 minutes from Brookley Field. We have Mardi Gras every year and I live about 4 blocks off of the parade route, so we do a big party every year.

There are a few roads to ride, Hwy 225 to Hwy 59, up to Chrysler Al. then theres a pretty good loop thru Monroeville, Coffeville and back to Mobile.
Bike Night is on Fridays at Krystal on Airport Blvd and University.
Barber is actually under 4 hours from downtown or any where near the interstates. Jennings is a solid 5 hours, Talladega is probably going to be about 4.5 to 5 hours as well. Road Atlanta should be in the 5 to 6 hour range and the dragon should be about 6.5 hours.
This is all in the short term. Within the next 3 years we should have a huge Motorsports Complex in Saraland, about 15 minutes from downtown.

Let me know what your up to and I'll give you a heads up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts