Sport Bikes banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
My flock keeps growing
2,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, the Kawi Chronicles continue. Instead of posting up and asking what exhaust for the new bike, I said screw it and ordered something today. Instead of being a dick and keeping everyone in suspense (like anyone really cares one way or the other) I will just say what I got. It will be coming in a white box with yellow and blue lettering. That lettering will say "Leo Vince". I ended up getting the "Factory" full system with a carbon can. I really wanted to get the Corsa system (Ti head pipes and about half the weight) or the Akrapovic Evolution system (also Ti head pipes) but both are on back order for at least a month. I will be adding more to this thread as time goes on (maybe even later today). Feel free to either keep track, or ignore all together. Either way, I am happy:neener

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
woohoo parts!!

·
Lost in the pickle matrix
1,544 Posts
Looks like you got a great buy on that 07. I love how you are sticking with team green! I also decided I really love how the Leo's sound, and will be going with one on mine when I can somehow come up with the extra money.

You are making it your new track bike I assume? If so I'd love to read a full ride report.

·
My flock keeps growing
2,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Alright, more ordering has just been done.

I will be getting a box from Woodcraft with rear sets and clip ons in the mail too.
I will also be getting a box from Attack Performance with some nice new bodywork. I will be ordering a Power Commander tomorrow I believe...that should help with the midrange. Though midrange is soft, it is the complete lack of bottom end that is the problem!! Now to just get the forks into Ed! I can't wait to see what this thing is like when I toss...err ride it on the track.

·
474 Posts
malik ross said:
you should order some midrange power too while you're at it.
you should order a luke-warm glass of shut the fuck up! Booyah! I got a PHAT midrange yo!... or something.

audi... 5000

By the way.. i can no longer hear the phrase Booyah.. in any context without thinking of our Education Adult Videos... pretty helpful when you're sitting in your girlfriends Catholic church with the whole family and the preacher, for whatever reason.... decides to emphasize a whole 15 minute sermon by using BOOYAH! as the operative exclamation... Can I get a witness??? Cheeze be with you... and also with you...

·
My flock keeps growing
2,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Looks like Sunday will be the day of parts swapping. The race plastics showed up from Attack today. Very high quality looking stuff. And they seem a little lighter than the Sharkskinz. Once I unwrap them fully and mount them up I will have a better idea. Right now I am thinking along the lines of a cow paint scheme. Either white with black spots, or reversed cow (black with white spots). Not totally sold on the idea...but it would be different!

The rear sets and clip-ons also showed up today, but they came from Woodcraft. I was going to get everything from Attack, but they kept putting me on hold when I was trying to order...so I hung up and called Woodcraft. While I was on the phone with CFM (also known as Woodcraft), Attack actually took the time to call me back (even though I hung up on them). So I have no hard feelings towards them. Anyways, back on topic...the CFM rear sets look great, and will look even better once on the bike (black on black on black...Mmmm, sexy).

And last but not least...at least for parts going on this weekend...I received the Power Commander on Wednesday. I hear it is a royal PIA on the bike though. Can't wait to find that out first hand:bitchslap If it is anything like the 10, I will be swearing like a sailor (where is SpecialK when you need her?).

Tuesday should herald the arrival of the full Leo system. They were moving this week and it delayed the shipping of the exhaust (but they upped it to 2nd day air for free because of it).

Maybe a parts installing party is in order for Sunday afternoon? Or if the weather is nice, a ride?

·
Well......uhm.......Yeah!
1,320 Posts
rsvRadtke said:
you should order a luke-warm glass of shut the fuck up! Booyah! I got a PHAT midrange yo!... or something.

audi... 5000

By the way.. i can no longer hear the phrase Booyah.. in any context without thinking of our Education Adult Videos... pretty helpful when you're sitting in your girlfriends Catholic church with the whole family and the preacher, for whatever reason.... decides to emphasize a whole 15 minute sermon by using BOOYAH! as the operative exclamation... Can I get a witness??? Cheeze be with you... and also with you...
LMAO :lao Way to funny!

·
Registered
151 Posts
It seems to me the last time I saw you at RA, you were looking at NO BRAKES. I have not been on SBN for a while but, BRAKES ARE GOOD!

·
My flock keeps growing
2,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yes Tojo, you are correct. Last time you saw me I was indeed having brake issues. In the mean time I came across a sweet deal on an 07 ZX6R....so the 03 is being sold, and the 07 will be the new track bike. For the record, the brake problem ended up being the bleeders. Never again will I put speed bleeders on anything I own.

·
That's factory, yo!
3,666 Posts
After all the help Joe has given us all sourcing and purchasing go-fast goodies for our bikes - it's good to see him really pimping out his own ride!!

·
My flock keeps growing
2,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well, with a little help from Malik (actually more than a little), yesterday saw the installation of the Power Commander and the Woodcraft rear sets. It is amazing, but the rear sets actually make the bike more comfortable. Though the PC didn't seem to help at all. At the same time I also did the "jumper" mod. Supposedly it changes fuel and ignition curves to the European specs (more power than the US). On top of that I also disconnected the exhaust valve (which made a night and day difference on the 10). Though it seems there might be a hint of more power, without actually going on a spirited ride somewhere, the difference is really not noticeable....even when combining all 3 of the changes. So the real test will be Tuesday when the exhaust shows up. Though I can't see a full system help bottom end at all. I think some gearing changes are in the near future!!

·
That's factory, yo!
3,666 Posts
Joe - sorry I didn't swing over yesterday. I got back from LaCrosse about 6:00 and decided to rewrite my resume...

Just a thought - if you do the jumper mod, will that affect the 'base' map to which the power commander adds or subtracts fuel. In otherwords, the PC alters the fuel curve based upon the known OEM (lengthening or shortening the injector pulse for more or less fuel). If you do the jumper mod, and change the OEM fuel curve - will the PC maps be incorrect by the difference of the two 'OEM' maps?

Sorry if ya' thought of this already - just being analytical.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.