Sport Bikes banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi every one im back after a long hiatus in washington my old handle was MNTBKR1. Any way ive made a career choice and decided to do what i want in life and thats work on bikes and possibly become a race team tech. My question to you guys is, Have you graduated from this program if so was it worth the time and money or are there better programs out there that i havent heard of.
What was the general tuition cost, i have about a year to start saving a bit more money for this ontop of the 6000 dollars i have for it now so that i can alleviate any debt incurance.
thank you for any input
Jesse :twofinger - is this still our standard greeting LOL?

·
Registered
597 Posts
I was thinking of doing the same thing. Now I don't know about becoming a Race Tech. That may justify the class but what I was told by my local shop is not to waste the money on the school. He told me that if I just started working there, sort of like an apprentice, that in the time it takes to complete the schooling I would have just as much if not more hands on experience and would be earning pretty much the same as a new grad. coming out of that school. Now this is just one opinion from my local Yamaha dealer but this is the route I plan on going if I do decide to become a bike mechanic. I would love to hear from someone who took the class though cause it may change my mind about this.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah the thing that sounds really appealing about MMI to me is that they are factory backed so there are always bikes to work on and learn with you also walkaway with a nice tool set if im not mistaken. I just dont think that in a year of working at a shop if im lucky enough to get in one with out previous mechanic experiance, that i would learn as much as going to a school devoted to just that practice.
Jesse

1 - 3 of 3 Posts