Sport Bikes banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
You got that right.
10,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's my picks for this year's Mid-Summer Classic. I've put down probables because they might be picked out of popularity or their stats are so close to those players who are starting.

American League:

Pitchers: Rodgers (Texas), Garland (Chicago), Halladay (Toronto), Clement (Boston), Colon (Los Angeles), El Duque (Chicago), Guardado (Seattle), Nathan (Minnisota), Santana (Minnisota), Wickman (Cleveland)

Catcher: Varitek (Boston)
1st Base: Teixera (Texas)
2nd Base: Roberts (Baltimore)
Short: Tejada (Baltimore)
3rd Base: A-Rod (New York)
Outfield 1: Ramirez (Boston)
Outfield 2: Damon (Boston)
Outfield 3: Anderson (Los Angeles)

Probable: Sheffield (New York), Ichiro (Seattle), Nixon (Boston), Jeter (New York), Mora (Baltimore), Guillen (Detriot)

National League:

Pitchers: Willis (Florida), Morris (St. Louis), Eaton (San Diego), Clemens (Houston), Martinez (New York), Becket (Florida), Peavy (San Diego), Isringhausen (St. Louis), Hoffman (San Diego)

Catcher: Hernandez (San Diego)
1st Base: Lee (Chicago)
2nd Base: Kent (Los Angeles)
Short: Barmes (Colorado)
3rd Base: Wright (New York)
Outfield 1: Edmonds (St. Louis)
Outfield 2: Abreu (Philadelphia)
Outfield 3: Cabrera (Florida)

Probable:: Lo Duca (Florida), Pujols (St. Louis), Lee (Milwaukee), Burrell (Philadelphia), Delgado (Florida), Johnson (Washington), Wilkerson (Washington), Furcal (Atlanta)

Anybody else making selections?

·
Registered
170 Posts
What's funny is that I head on ESPN radio this morning that Garciaparra is leading the voting in the NL for shortstop. Ever since they made the All-star game decide home field advantage for the WS, people are voting less for their favorite/best players and more for sabotaging the other league :)

·
You got that right.
10,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
gm626 said:
What's funny is that I head on ESPN radio this morning that Garciaparra is leading the voting in the NL for shortstop. Ever since they made the All-star game decide home field advantage for the WS, people are voting less for their favorite/best players and more for sabotaging the other league :)
Yeah, its a big popularity contest now. Vlad Guerraro will be there and he doesn't deserve it this year (injury). Neither does Nomar, again with the injury. My picks are those who are (argueably) more deserving.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Your gonna tell me that Johnny Damon deserves to be an all-star?

·
You got that right.
10,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Blackduc said:
Your gonna tell me that Johnny Damon deserves to be an all-star?
Well, he's second in runs scored, second in batting average, thirteenth in OPS (but fourth in OF players)... more deserving than Vlad G. who's been injured.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Vlad is back. For the time he has played he has put up excellent numbers. Not to mention we all know he is one of the best players in MLB. In 57 games he is hitting .342 with 39 Runs, 12 HRs, and 40 RBI. (Damon is what around .335-.340 with 50 something runs and a couple bombs?) Even with his injuries, he is on pace for .340, 90ish runs, 30ish HRs, and 100ish RBI.

I think if players miss a few weeks but are obviously much better than someone who has been healthy still deserves to go more than the healthy guy. In cases like Nomar's where he hasn't played to put up any numbers, that is just stupid...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts