Sport Bikes banner

261 - 280 of 310 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
bring it on up...as i said there aren't a lot of great roads unless your bike is chromed, slammed and has saddle bags but i make do...

definitely let me know of the arkansas ride. i should have a bike hauler by the end of february.

hopefully next year my son and i will be going on some brisk rides together....he likes to ride but not as much as my 3 y/o hell-raiser daughter.

well cheegro, we are working on a oxford ride soon but all depends on timing and weather lately.

i have a group that does a big ride in march or april to ark for those twisties up there but i have no heard from them as to when a date will be so i will keep everyone posted.

thanks again bro for joining and we all understand the 3 and 5y/o issue. except for sam and charles they the only ones with out children i believe.

·
Registered
211 Posts
This is is probably the closest to Track Day I'll ever get....:lao
whys that? track days are most fun you could ever have with your bike. Guess its something you can't understand until you have experienced it.

Not only that, they build your confidence on the bike and make you a better rider.

·
Registered
286 Posts
whys that? track days are most fun you could ever have with your bike. Guess its something you can't understand until you have experienced it.

Not only that, they build your confidence on the bike and make you a better rider.
It was meant as a funny... But mainly because I want a dedicated track bike and cannot swing that in the foreseeable future. I have no doubts about the fun aspect and the better rider/confidence.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Gautier MS here. im very new to riding. i jus got a 2005 ZZR 600 but i wont be able to start riding till march. So any good teachers on here that might be able to help me out. i plan on taking a MSF course as soon aas i start riding.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Are there any bike nights in or around the Jackson, MS area. I'm stuck here for a few weeks with work. Just figured i'd find a bike night and try to break the fever, LoL....=-)

Or maybe even some descent lots to go through the bikes around in, hehe

·
Registered
286 Posts
Gautier MS here. im very new to riding. i jus got a 2005 ZZR 600 but i wont be able to start riding till march. So any good teachers on here that might be able to help me out. i plan on taking a MSF course as soon aas i start riding.
Hello Undeclared...

Congrats on your new bike......I am relatively new to rding myself ( Since July 07 ) and am taking the MSF in Spring. There are quite a few guys on here that have been riding a while that may offer you some tips.

In the meantime you could be taking your written test and driving test to get your Motorcycle endorsement on your license. REMEMBER - Always have situational awareness when riding and when riding with others RIDE YOUR RIDE and PACE...not their's...

Keep us posted on your progress.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Are there any bike nights in or around the Jackson, MS area. I'm stuck here for a few weeks with work. Just figured i'd find a bike night and try to break the fever, LoL....=-)

Or maybe even some descent lots to go through the bikes around in, hehe
Hey Euro,

There are lots of riders in the Jackson area but I do not know of any organized bike nights with set time,place,date,etc. Hattiesburg, MS has bike nights every week but it is 1 1/2 hours South of Jackson. Plus the cold weather spurt right now is not too conducive to riding.

At any rate, welcome to Jackson....:) What are you in town for?

·
Registered
3 Posts
^^ I'm in town for some more training at AT&T. Gonna be stuck here for another week or so. I'm from Baton Rouge and im just use to having bike night every Thursday night. Yeah the cold weather plays a factor on it for sure. But i believe 90% of the people in Baton Rouge are plain stupid, so we ride no matter how hot or cold it is, LoL...That snow yesterday morning sucked pretty bad. I'm not use to seeing that stuff at all. And i damn sure wouldnt even attempt to ride any of my bikes in that, hehe....=-)

261 - 280 of 310 Posts