Sport Bikes banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im new here and know absolutely nothing about bikes, so dont mind me if I ask stupid questions :leaving

Im getting my second bike this weekend. I sold my zx6r as I was tired of trying to get it running. Im looking at a 2007 GT650r and am probably picking it up this Sunday. Its missing the mirrors, front blinkers and the lower cowl. After a little searching I realized that there is a third model, the gt650s and its a half faired model, now Im unsure as to which this bike is, the s or the r. Can you use a cowl from the 650r on the 650s? Also, he says the mirrors a mounted to the handle bars, I thought they mounted to the actual fairings? They did on my ninja..any help would be appreciated for such simple questions.

·
Registered
103 Posts
the only difference in the S and R would be the lower fairings and more upright position handlebars on the S vs the clip ons on the R.
yes u can fit lower fairings from an R to the S but u would need the mounting brackets too. $$$ also, dont know if u prefer clip ons or handlebars.
if the mirrors are mounted on the handlebars, they r just aftermarket mirrors. nothing bad about them. actually i prefer the look of the handlebar mirrors than standard hyo mirrors.
good luck with the purchase.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts