Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well..
I Had just got done from doing some riding last night and wondered...
,I currently have an hjc cl-14 with a mirror visor on it.The clear visor is at home.
This is my first time with a mirror visor as I always rode with a clear one on my katana.
At night,though not "too" visible,I got around without much concern..but also living in the city there are lights everywhere so maybe that helped out a bit :alky
Just curious as to what every one else does,prefers and or suggests.
Clear visor by night..mirror/tint by day..
Mirror/tint both night and day?
Clear day and night,and just wear sunglasses..
Take Care - Ride Safe....
Fc :headbang

·
Registered
649 Posts
I too have the CL-14. I have a clear, mirrored, and a light smoke visor. I use the smoke all the time, but I rarely ride at night. The mirrored causes reflections of my face that are distracting. The smoke is great.

Heres a helpful hint... I stuck a pair of safety glasses under my seat so when I get caught in the dark I can wear them and keep my smoked visor open. I got this tip from someone on this board.

·
Registered
501 Posts
clear at night, smoke during day instead of mirror(for reasons that stephen said) or sometimes during dusk ill ride with sunglasses and a clear visor and take the glasses off when it gets dark

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
Clear. I wear sunglasses under the helmet. That way switching from day to night riding is as simple as taking off my shades. No second visor. No getting stuck in the dark with a tinted visor because I left during the day and am getting home at night. You can just pocket your shades at a red light and be all set for night riding.
I also keep a set of cheap nearly clear shades in the bike's storage. That way I can keep my visor up if I'm getting fogging due to weather. They also serve as backup eye protection for random chicks wanting a ride, or to help out a buddy who's giving a ride. Like carrying an extra lighter around- someone is always asking for one.

·
old member
13,079 Posts
Dark smoke tint during the day, clear at night. I always found that the sun had a way of getting around sunglasses with a clear visor. I always ride with a tank bag so the unused visor is always there.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
sounds reasonable,I appriciate everyones response.
I was just indebate after trying a few things.
What helmets does eveyrone have as far as convinience goes for changing visors?
Ima go for the shades under the clear this week see how it goes.
Fc.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
I have Suomy spec-1r and it's pretty simply to change the visor, pop the side plates off and then move the levers up and take it out, simple enough.

I would use my sunglasses but they don't really fit between the padding of the helmet and my face, gotta work on that.

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
iridium during the day, and my clear at night.....

·
Registered
691 Posts
I wear a dark smoke shield during the day and a clear one at night. I really like the dark smoke look.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Clear visor all the time, with sunglasses when necessary.

Anything tinted at night is trouble. You need to see as much as possible, especially out of town and on the superslab. ANY tint is going to reduce your vision range at night.

I tried the Fog City photosensitive pro-shield, but wasn't impressed. It's not quite clear when it's dark out, and it doesn't get quite dark enough in bright sunlight. It does do a good job of keeping the visor from fogging, though. I can recommend their clear products, but I'd stay away from the photosensitive model.

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
I'm not going to lie I use a dark smoked shield day and night and have for over 10 years, it just what I feel comfortable with. I don't ride at night that often though, maybe once a month.

·
Believe It or Not........
5,339 Posts
Irridium during the day and clear at night. Once in a while I'll get caught at dusk or just after with the tinted visor and I don't feel comfortable at all in that situation. I wanna be able to see EVERYTHING especially at night!

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
I only have a clear, But i am going to buy a mirrored sometime in the future

·
Registered
522 Posts
I really don't like my mirrored all that much, it gives a weird reflection that distracts me, so I'm gonna go and buy a dark tint visor for my Racer1. If anybody is interested in a mirrored visor let me know.

·
who......me????
293 Posts
I have a clear shield with a progrip light sensitive, fog proof shield...it darkens in the sun and lightens in the dark...very nice, plus it doesn't fog up

·
Registered
926 Posts
i have a dark smoke visor that i dont take off...if im riding at night its usually later than 10 so i just cruise with it up. if i have to go home on the highway i just keep it down...i have really good eyes so i manage pretty welll with the dark smoke at night

1 - 20 of 32 Posts