Sport Bikes banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Hello my fellow MN riders my name is Brad!

I currently Ride a 2001R6 piped jetted and fast enough! And I painted it Atomic Orange!!!

I am from the mankato mn area, but spend alot of time doing rides out of the lakeville area! I try to put on at least 200 miles a day :biatch

I also have a wonderfull story about getting hit from behind. I was going into a long sweeper on my 96rr900, I slowed to about 130 as I entered the corner the guy behind me on another bike plowed into me. Needless to say I went down, off the road and hit a 3 in utility poll. Thanks to my gear I walked away with a broken little toe!

I had taken a lil break from riding and got back into it this past summer of 2010. I hooked up with a guy that told me about Zero Gravity. I checked it out and found many peaple to ride with, From there I met the other groups.
any given day I can find at least 5 to 20 riders to go hit the twistys with!

I plan to hit more track days next summer at DCTC BIR mn and MAM. but my true passion is the streets the level of risk is a bit higher, but the rewards for a great day on the road are second to none!

Well I hope to hear more MN storys thanks! by the whay you western wis and nothern iowa folks love to hear from you too!

P.S.Thanks L8 for starting this up! I read your story and all I have to say is thankfully your alive!!
:feedback

·
Registered
5 Posts
What up guys Im in White Bear Lake area, I ride an 04 zx10 and am always looking for new people to ride with! i would love to hit the track but havent done it yet. Hopefully I can get down to DCTC this summer and try it out!! As of now Im just an aggressive street rider I guess I got my knee down for the first time this summer so im pretty pumped about getting to the track!!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Im from MN also. Well kinda, but I am. I am a student in South Dakota for one more semester (cant wait to get the fuck out of this state), and will be moving back to the twin cities area this spring. I got my first bike in January last year, a 97 CBR600F3.

Like Brad, I also found Zero Gravity last year. Lots of group rides and lots of cool people over there, and hope to hit some track days this year. Street is fun, but I want to try out some track fun also. Anyone from MN should check out Zero Gravity.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Hey guys, Just doing a shout out from Duluth here. I had a 06 ZX6r a couple years back, and just got back into the ride with an 05 GSXR. Hope to see you guys out there!

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
This section is pretty dead but I'll chime in anyway.

My name is Greg. I spent most of my non-Army life up around Duluth and moved away for grad school. I just got a great job in Minneapolis so I am moving back to Minnesota from Louisiana. I will be living in St. Paul.

I've been a rider since 2003 and I recently sold my 600 to help with the move. I have only owned Kawasaki's and I'll probably get another sometime before April but I have been considering a Ducati.

I've never gone to the track but if I met a bunch of people that did it regularly I think I'd like to give it a try once. Mostly I just like to cruise and carve corners. Maybe its cause I've been at it so long and seen 2 firends killed on sportbikes because of excessive speed, but I don't ride 10-20-30 or more mph over the limit. So if you live in or near St. Paul and you aren't one of those riders who thinks 100mph on the street is cool, message me and we can go riding.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Lots of good roads just across the river in Wisconsin and lots of rides depart from the Prescott area.

Perhaps check out MN-MSTA. no 100+ mph rides but lots of 75-80 mph rides through marked 20-35mph turns. Of course the vast majority of them have you riding over 450 miles for the day

·
Registered
104 Posts
Hello Minnesota. My name is Drew and I am from the **** Rapids area. I just started riding last year. My first bike is a 07 zzr600 that is great for me now. Spent a lot of time on Ebay putting crap on it.
I like liesurly rides with twisties im not an aggressive rider yet but when I have a clear straight away I like to get up there. I have only got 2 buddies with bikes and they don't ride as often as I like to so I'd like to meet some new people to ride with. If i can get in 100 miles a trip i"m all smiles.
Well that's really all I came here to say. Thanks for putting up this thread, hopefully more people will see it and post. Thanks for reading.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts