1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
I own license2ill
5,679 Posts
I ahve some and they are very thin I dont think they will do much

·
Registered
133 Posts
are bdu pants made out of gore-tex material? i'm not in the military but i think i have seen the pants. if so, then NO they won't handle asphalt. rip-stop in gore-tex is to prevent huge tears in the material once it has been punctured. example: you are skiing in a gore-tex parka and your elbow catches a branch. you'll recieve a small hole but the parka will be mostly intact. every xth thread is woven from high strength fabric to contain rips. on pavement it will shred instantly

·
Registered
61 Posts
yeah I doubt they will do well at all. Ive had some before for paintball, and once they rip, they just rip in a long straight line.

·
Registered
222 Posts
They wouldn't last a second, it's just cotton. You'd be (not much) better off in jeans.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Sirkbac said:
They wouldn't last a second, it's just cotton. You'd be (not much) better off in jeans.
Protection for both is about the same. I've wrecked in both blue jeans and winter weight BDUs. Advantage of the BDU's is that when you're wearing them in uniform they're held in place so they won't ride up and expose your skin.

I low sided at about 30 mph in a pair of winter weight BDU's and slid for a ways on pavement only. They got really thin in one spot but they didn't wear through. No road rash. Had I hit something solid other than sliding on pavement it would have been a different story.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Magic 8 Ball said:
excuse me, not urban camo. 3-color desert camo...guess I'll have to wear them over leathers then

Well why didn't you say so! Alittle known secret is that the 3-color desert camo is impervious to damage! Excuse me....

·
Valiant Poultry
15,151 Posts
Sirkbac said:
Well why didn't you say so! Alittle known secret is that the 3-color desert camo is impervious to damage! Excuse me....

What if I have the blue, blue, and other blue sky camo??? What then??

·
Registered
222 Posts
Gimpdiggity said:
What if I have the blue, blue, and other blue sky camo??? What then??
Then you'll be hidden when you fly off the bike. It'll be like you just dropped out of no where!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts