Sport Bikes banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Turbo nerd.
13,728 Posts
Unless it is a military credit union avoid taking credit from ANYONE that advertises (or targets is more the owrd) credit for military.

·
Finally Riding
1,987 Posts
I hate to be the killjoy, but you need to worry more about fixing your bad credit then having something to ride before deploying. If your credit really is that bad, the last thing you need to be doing is adding more debt.

However, if you absolutely must ride before you deploy (which I can understand), get something cheap that you can pay cash for. You can probably get a late 90s sportbike for $3000 or less. It may not be the "sexiest" thing to do, but beggers can't be choosers.

When you get back from your deployment, your credit should be back on track (if you are spending most of that money on bills). It might not be the answer you were looking for, but I'm learning the hard way about responsibility with credit and I hoping you can get yourself back on track too.
This is true... BUT I had semi-bad credit.. went to the credit union my father in law has been at for 30 years. They gave me a loan (18% interest, fucking HIGH!) but my credit is getting better and better.

I had made some dumb choices before I went into the military. Now I am making payments on time, everytime.. in April My interest will be cut down more than half because i've been there for a year and I'll have an 06 F4i.

So yeah, worry about fixing your credit, but if you can (you have to be honest with yourself) make the payments, go to a credit union. They are more friendly with loans. But if you're deploying, why the hell would you want to be making payments when you're gone? Just use your TAX FREE, BAH, Hazardous duty pay etc... to pay for the bike when you get home, right out.

I purchased a big ass TV when I got back. :)

·
HEHATEME
16,189 Posts
Uhm if he dies I'm pretty sure his 500k sgli plus death gratuity is going to cover his debt.......

·
HEHATEME
16,189 Posts
I think its 500k with the SGLI, combat death pay and some other shit mixed in.

·
HEHATEME
16,189 Posts
Why?^^

You bank over there.

i came back with 17k because I didn't have anytime or anything to spend money on besides babywipes, sweet chex mix, tac light batteries and zip ties

·
HEHATEME
16,189 Posts
^^Yes but you're 33 if you were 10+ years younger I doubt that would be your initial thought.

·
All right meow...
2,719 Posts
As a former NCO and Battery Commander; PAY OFF YOUR CURRENT BILLS BEFORE YOU GET SUCKED UP INTO MORE DEBT (high interest debt, at that)!!!

It's a damn shame that kids at 21 years old are fucked (credit wise) for the next 10-20 years of their life due to having horrible credit. With your upcoming deployment, you can really get a jump on your bills. Don't accrue more before you head out the door.
^^^
Listen to him!

·
Old time rookie
948 Posts
^^Yes but you're 33 if you were 10+ years younger I doubt that would be your initial thought.
Yeah, but the irony is, I bought my first sportbike with my own credit at age 23. Of course I was going on Embassy duty and waited until I had saved enough to pay some bills off and for a nice down payment(I think I put down $2500) and then financed the rest.

·
HEHATEME
16,189 Posts
Yeah, but the irony is, I bought my first sportbike with my own credit at age 23. Of course I was going on Embassy duty and waited until I had saved enough to pay some bills off and for a nice down payment(I think I put down $2500) and then financed the rest.
I did the same with my first car and when I got back I put 10k down on my 350z.

I actually had good credit until I got OUT of the military:dunno

·
Destiny Calls
502 Posts
There is no reason you can't get a bike and start fixing your credit. The key is a giant down payment. Make it, keep up with your low payments for 12 months and start to solve both problems at the same time. Time for you to grow up a bit and start handling things with the brain.

·
Registered
794 Posts
this is the problem with most of america. Everyone wants things now. There was a time when people saved up for something they wanted and then bought it when they had the money, but now people just buy, buy, buy on credit, and then when they cant even afford the payments, they declare bankruptcy. Grow the hell up man and fix your poor credit issue before you go buy a bike. Bikes are luxuries. You have more important things to take care of besides having a bike.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey, I think I'm too late to reply to this query. probably by this time you would have returned back from Afghanistan. But I still thought this information might be useful to you in case if you are looking for any kind of military loan. I have many friends in military and I have seen them using a service https://www.techsmartstore.com/ to get loans. I heard it's specifically for military people.

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
Stop feeding the troll.

The best thing is to work on paying off the credit cards and loans the OP already has before adding more credit.

What I did when i was really deep in bad credit and paying bills late was set up allottments that would take portions of my paycheck and go directly to those bills for payment. I have it set up for my credit card, personal loan, car loan and a loan for an Ipad. I actually started this with my wife's Ipad, but once i saw that it was helping my credit out a little bit i started applying this to my other monthly expenses.

With my bike i used my thrift savings money on that. Many of said that this was a bad move, but since the thrift savings system along with about 100,000 peoples accounts hacked and money lost and the Thrift Savings plan folks have no way of re-imbursing that money, i figured i might as well use the money that i have saved up before some hacker goes and takes it from me.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts