Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All! i was just wondering if anyone knows a place that gives active duty military motorcycle loans reguardless of credit? I have horrible credit and i am due to deploy in about 6 months and really wanna ride again befor i deploy. Any info would be cool! thanks alot all in advance.

·
The Santee Tony
879 Posts
I hate to be the killjoy, but you need to worry more about fixing your bad credit then having something to ride before deploying. If your credit really is that bad, the last thing you need to be doing is adding more debt.

However, if you absolutely must ride before you deploy (which I can understand), get something cheap that you can pay cash for. You can probably get a late 90s sportbike for $3000 or less. It may not be the "sexiest" thing to do, but beggers can't be choosers.

When you get back from your deployment, your credit should be back on track (if you are spending most of that money on bills). It might not be the answer you were looking for, but I'm learning the hard way about responsibility with credit and I hoping you can get yourself back on track too.

·
Registered
619 Posts

if your credit is bad kill two birds with one stone. Get a cheap bike. take a *small* loan out and put a large percentage down payment on it.

Yeah i know bad credit. You still have credit wheather bad or good. but you can jump start you credit by taking out small loans (few hundred bucks) from a Bank not a credit agency.
Example you have a bike worth 2500 bucks.

You put down 2grand. and pull a loan out for 500 bucks(just for an example). The bank see's this as a win win. They run your credit it sucks ok. But hey you default on your loan they take your down payment, and the bike and make a quick 1800 bucks. You pay the loan with intrest they win so this is the start of repairing your credit. When you pay the loan off your credit goes up.

So build your credit get a cheap ride at the same time.

·
#1 Gear Nazi
4,748 Posts
I used them while I was in Italy, because I didn't have any cash when I got there and needed a car. The local car dealership right out of base was able to finance Americans and they used Omni. The interest rate is high, but if you pay it off early, there are no extra fees or charges. I never had any problem with them, you will be required to set up an allotment to be pulled directly from your paycheck. You will have to fax or e-mail them a copy of the page on Mypay that shows you set up the allotment.

·
Part 3 begins
3,660 Posts
I hate to be the killjoy, but you need to worry more about fixing your bad credit then having something to ride before deploying.
Yeah, kinda set himself up for this one.

Bad Credit = There are ppl you still owe money to = Bike is not a good idea.

Pay for one of those credit cleaners, which will show who and what you owe.

·
Part 3 begins
3,660 Posts
if your credit is bad kill two birds with one stone. Get a cheap bike. take a *small* loan out and put a large percentage down payment on it.
Good idea, unless you still owe Verizon/Landlord/Utility company/whoever $1500

·
Registered
571 Posts
Then it sucks for the fools who would loan you money. Stop hiding behind your military service and pulling sympathy strings. Man up and pay your debts like a decent human being.

What good will the bad credit do for you if you do come home? But wait, to what home? Enjoy not being able to buy a house!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Most places will give Military ppl credit before they give civilians credit for the simple fact that they can go to your CO and have the money taken right out of your pay if you don't make your payments hehe. When I was in the military I could almost go anywhere and get a loan becuase they knew they would get their money back some way.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Have you tried consolidating your debt? Some of those companies really cut down on your interest rate so you could easily get out of debt in a few years

·
Live to ride
12,017 Posts
well honestly,... yes i should pay off debts first and start a good credit rating,.. but i want to be able to ride befor i deploy. Just because it could be my last time / chance to ever ride. you never know, so i am kinda living in the now atm to do things i wanted to always do. I have been riding sportbikes for almost 5 years now and sold my last one befor coming in the military and now i would really enjoy to get some riding in befor i leave. So yes! the wise thing would be to clean my credit up,... but what good is that gonna do me if i dont come home?

:cheers
so you can foot the bill to someone else, on top of all your other debt great idea slick.

·
NO LAG !!!
1,255 Posts
Fix your credit, give USAA, Pentagon Federal Credit Union, or Service Credit Union a call. Do yourself a favor while you are deployed and getting tax free money. Pay off your debt then buy a new bike. Don't let the military get into your personal finances, you will look twice as irresponsible and will never gain rank.

·
Official SBN Party Pooper
20,262 Posts
If you're Navy, Navy Fed will pretty much give you a loan, as long as you pay on it, on time and pay it off they will almost always give you a loan.

·
Super Moderator
4,658 Posts
As a former NCO and Battery Commander; PAY OFF YOUR CURRENT BILLS BEFORE YOU GET SUCKED UP INTO MORE DEBT (high interest debt, at that)!!!

It's a damn shame that kids at 21 years old are fucked (credit wise) for the next 10-20 years of their life due to having horrible credit. With your upcoming deployment, you can really get a jump on your bills. Don't accrue more before you head out the door.

·
Thats how I roll
534 Posts
As a former NCO and Battery Commander; PAY OFF YOUR CURRENT BILLS BEFORE YOU GET SUCKED UP INTO MORE DEBT (high interest debt, at that)!!!

It's a damn shame that kids at 21 years old are fucked (credit wise) for the next 10-20 years of their life due to having horrible credit. With your upcoming deployment, you can really get a jump on your bills. Don't accrue more before you head out the door.

+1!!!!!!

·
Registered
806 Posts
You do know that if something happens to you, your family assumes your debt in many cases? It doesn't simply disappear once you die.

And BTW, thanks for your service to our country. Be safe over there and take some of your hard earned (and deserved) cash when you get back to pay off your debt and get a new motorcycle.

Shane

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey KatanaFreak,
Yes, regardless of your bad credit, MilitaryLoans can help you re-establish your credit limit and in your case may finance you for the motor cycle you wanna buy. They provide loans exclusively for military personnel and will work out the best for you. Hope this helps. Good Luck!:cheers

1 - 20 of 40 Posts