Sport Bikes banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I keep pondering getting a Mille for my next bike but I'm wondering what the mileage is like. What about the new 600s as well?

·
Registered
725 Posts
I've never gotten less than 19, that was about 80 miles of almost never below 6000rpm running it really hard in corners, up to 130 down to 60 for a tight tight turn, back to 100, down to 70, up to 120 etc.. Really cool roads up here! anyways, the best I've gotten is around 44 but I can't recall ever going more than 30-40 miles without twisting the throttle excessively though, I've heard of one guy getting as high as 57 on a road trip keeping it down around 65-70. On the 2 lanes here there are always motorhomes and cars to get around until you get a couple hundred miles from town. I've heard mileage can be real bad on some 600's when riding hard, I ride with a 600rr sometimes and when he takes off in front of me and gets over 10000 I can smell half burned gas when i'm on his tail. Heard as bad as 10mpg don't know the upper end of a 600 though.

·
Registered
13 Posts
The Mille is an amazing bike. I'm thinking about selling mine to get a new truck though. If you decide to go that route, shoot me a PM as mine may be available.

·
Registered
235 Posts
i have a TLR, and it is a litre twin like the Mille. on average i get about 30-40mpg. i'm running a bit rich right now though. i had a trip where it was around 120mph the entire time, through some mountains, and i still got about the same gas mileage as when i commute. on average with my TL i fill up about every 100-110 miles, and i have never put more than 2.8 gallons of gas in it.

matt

·
Registered
5,025 Posts
falco said:
I've never gotten less than 19, that was about 80 miles of almost never below 6000rpm running it really hard in corners, up to 130 down to 60 for a tight tight turn, back to 100, down to 70, up to 120 etc.. Really cool roads up here! anyways, the best I've gotten is around 44 but I can't recall ever going more than 30-40 miles without twisting the throttle excessively though, I've heard of one guy getting as high as 57 on a road trip keeping it down around 65-70. On the 2 lanes here there are always motorhomes and cars to get around until you get a couple hundred miles from town. I've heard mileage can be real bad on some 600's when riding hard, I ride with a 600rr sometimes and when he takes off in front of me and gets over 10000 I can smell half burned gas when i'm on his tail. Heard as bad as 10mpg don't know the upper end of a 600 though.
Yes it's true.With dual injectors kicking in at 10,000 grand it sucks up the fuel.On a peacefull ride(I did that once just to see)it will get around 160 miles to a tank.

·
DT is happy it snowed
1,582 Posts
Even at track days I still get about 30 mpg on my R6. Usually 35/40+ on the road.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts