Sport Bikes banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Mexican Hard Shell Taco
5,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had to call in sick today! I went to the bathroom (pee) at around 4am and I noticed I already had a headache. When I woke up at 7:15 am it was still there, took 250mg of lisine clonixinate, then I went to the gym as most of the time that helps, and while doing cardio it almost disapeared, but on my way home it returned and pain was even worse. As soon as I got home I took another 250mg, I'm going to keep bed, hope that helps as the guys at work will be with one less in the team and sometimes things get ugly on friday afternoons.

·
~ Master Technician ~
2,176 Posts
a B.J. usually cures all my headaches.

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
never experienced one, and I hope I never have to either. I know a lot of ppl that get um including the bf and some of them have actually made him incapacitated for hours on end. I get bad sinus headaches, but some allergy meds usually cure it.

·
Mexican Hard Shell Taco
5,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
mmm, great reply...

The stuff I'm taking is strong, I've taken the equivalent to 5mg of morfine sulfate.

·
retired from here
4,122 Posts
japbike said:
never experienced one, and I hope I never have to either. I know a lot of ppl that get um including the bf and some of them have actually made him incapacitated for hours on end. I get bad sinus headaches, but some allergy meds usually cure it.
I used to have a water bed and when I would have one I had to sleep on the floor as the movement would make me sick and I do not even want to think about having to deal with sunlight. If it was daytime when it happened then it was time to take pillows and blanket to the closet to get rid of it. Lucky for me I only get them once ever couple years or so.

·
Mexican Hard Shell Taco
5,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just woke up, spent the last 4 hours sleeping. I still can feel it is there, but pain is almost gone.

And got the conversion wrong, 100mg lisine clonixinate = 2mg of morfine sulfate! That means I've took the equivalent of 10mg of morfine today! And the worse part Is that I'm pretty sure I'll need more in less than two hours from now.

·
Registered
13,267 Posts
I get em all the time. Try excidrin xtra strength migraine. Its acetametaphine buffered with caffine to asprin. WORKS the Best out of everything I've tried.

doesnt need to be excedrin can be any generic brand read the ingredients as long as it has asprin and acetametaphine buffered with caffine it will work.

shitty spelling but you can get the idea....

·
Registered
323 Posts
yeah i have disabilitating migraines that last for up to 7 hours i usually just take the advil luiquid gels like 4 then sit in a totally dark cool room and try my hardest to fall asleep.
in high school i had one bad enough that i passed out in the office and was taken to the ER dont remember anything but peircing pain then i woke up in the hospital.
i think its from all my concussions from snowboarding mountainbiking skateboarding etc etc etc all with helmets on too id hate to think about what my head would be like with out a helmet on at the times i hit it, probably wouldnt be able to type this right now.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Chinygyal said:
Imitrex works well for migraines too
Yup what he said... I take both 100 mg tabs and the 5ml injection when it gets really bad.. If that don't work it's off to th ER for an injection of Demerol to knock me out.. Migrains Suck!!!!!

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Agree that they are bummers. I use to have them for around 4-6 yrs only to find an old refilled tooth had been leaking mercury. End of my problems for at times it would put me out a day to four days & I dropped from 160 to 140 lbs in simply not able to eat anything.

·
KH, Rest In Peace Brother
20,852 Posts
Hell I use to have to take midrine on a daily basis. There for a while I was getting migraines 4-5 days a week, talk about a bitch! They tried imitrex and that just made me sicker( it affects each person differently). After a year of taking the midrine everyday for almost a year about the only headaches I get these days is the plain jane ones.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Someone has already posted this but the -triptans (Like Imitrex) and the ergots work better than most of the pain relievers for migraines. See what your doctor can do for you. They may even be able to help you ID some tr******. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
I know what you mean. I used to suffer from chronic migraines as a kid. The Doc gave me cafergot phenobarbital and it would knock me out for a whole day and then I would wake up fine. Before I had the medicine I would get the headache, throw up for a while and then go lay down in the darkest quietest room I could find.

I used to get a warning before getting the migraines. I would loose the vision in my right eye. Anybody else get warning signs?????

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
I know what you mean. I used to suffer from chronic migraines as a kid. The Doc gave me cafergot phenobarbital(?) and it would knock me out for a whole day and then I would wake up fine. Before I had the medicine I would get the headache, throw up for a while and then go lay down in the darkest quietest room I could find.

I used to get a warning before getting the migraines. I would loose the vision in my right eye. Anybody else get warning signs?????

·
KH, Rest In Peace Brother
20,852 Posts
wolfman said:
I know what you mean. I used to suffer from chronic migraines as a kid. The Doc gave me cafergot phenobarbital and it would knock me out for a whole day and then I would wake up fine. Before I had the medicine I would get the headache, throw up for a while and then go lay down in the darkest quietest room I could find.

My warning signs were loss of peripheal(didn't spell it right but who cares) vision, numbness in my face and hands. Once it started it I knew I had about 30 mins. then I was basically disabled until it went away.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts