Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am coming to the end of my fiscal year and have vacation to burn. Looking at the maps, I think Springfield MO would make a real nice one day haul for me with some good windy roads along the way. Any of yall in STL and/or MCI or anywhere else in the MidWest interested in trying to find a weekend that looks good to meet in the middle and spend a night sharing adult beverages? Ride in Saturday, swap stories and ride home Sunday ....

·
Registered
12 Posts
I live 26 miles away from Springfield Missouri

I have the only FZ6 in the area. Springfield is my stomping ground. I'm apart of the SWMoSportbikes.com group. We have a deal with Hardee's to where we meet there anytime of the week to ride around and get discount food. On certain nights of the week we have bar nights. I know most of the twisties here. Hwy 125 is the best anyone will tell ya.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
revcrow4 said:
... Springfield is my stomping ground. ....
Can we find a spot with food and drink and beds all within walking distance. Alcohol and bikes don't mix in my book.

What weekends are good and bad for others ... I may be looking at something around Sept 11 or Oct 9 as my best chances, but in my world there is never a for sure ...

·
Registered
167 Posts
sounds like a plan. Any idea of a date yet?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Check out SWMOSPORTBIKES.COM

springfield is a pretty big town. 3rd biggest to kansas city and st. louis. as for food and board thats no problem around here. Anyweekend is fine with me since I live here. I play football for Southwest Baptist University. So August wouldn't be very good because of two of days. September and October are better As long as I have a home game. Sept. 29 through Oct. 2 is the bike rally in Fayettsville ark. which is 2 hours South from here. Last year Jesse James and OCC was there.

·
Registered
167 Posts
ive come close to fathering quite a few illegitimate children from SMSU chicks. Now that all my buddies graduated from there, that ole poon paradise avenue is closed down. Looking forward to visiting springfield again.

jcaesar,
wanna plan on making this trip together? i promise we can hold hands you silly freak! as for highway choices we have I-70 to hwy 13 through warrensburg or a pretty straight shot down 71 (newer double lane seperated hwy)through Clinton. I cant remember how the condition of hwy 13 is, havent been down that hwy in quite awhile.

·
Premium Member
1,864 Posts
MrPostman said:
ive come close to fathering quite a few illegitimate children from SMSU chicks. Now that all my buddies graduated from there, that ole poon paradise avenue is closed down. Looking forward to visiting springfield again.

jcaesar,
wanna plan on making this trip together? i promise we can hold hands you silly freak! as for highway choices we have I-70 to hwy 13 through warrensburg or a pretty straight shot down 71 (newer double lane seperated hwy)through Clinton. I cant remember how the condition of hwy 13 is, havent been down that hwy in quite awhile.
Sounds like a plan. I usually take 71 down. I'll probably have my gf riding two up with me, therefore the hand holding will have to wait until some other time.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Geez, I had 2 free weekends the rest of the year and my wife filled one and work filled the other ... y'all decide on a weekend (Oct is my only chance) and I will try to move around some calendar STUFF ...

·
Registered
12 Posts
any of the last three weekends of october are good for me.
that's the 16 or 23 or 30th.
Any earlier than that i only have sept 4 and 11th.
what's best?

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Let's Set a Date ...

revcrow4 said:
any of the last three weekends of october are good for me.
that's the 16 or 23 or 30th.
Any earlier than that i only have sept 4 and 11th.
what's best?
How does Oct 23-24 sound to anyone that is interested?

·
Registered
167 Posts
works for me...

·
Registered
850 Posts
I'm coming too!

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
We need some recommendations for food and lodging. It would be nice to find a place where we have food/beer and hotels close together so we can walk to/from.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts