Sport Bikes banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

mid-ohio was real fun. its a very hard track to ride. not one corner of it is normal. its all off-camber, massive decreasing radius with an either up or down hill blind apex COMBINED. it took me all day to sort it out. i started in intermediate since ive never been and havent been to the track in a year. by the end of the day after struggling i finally got some good runs in. i turned a 1:38.2 as my fastest lap. the last session of the day a control rider came out in the hot pit with a silver fz6 but before we went out he turned back and left. i was all excited for minute there. i shot some video but it got zoomed in before i started somehow so its not worth even pulling of the camera.
more pics to come.

·
So much cooler online
2,240 Posts
My cousin was just out there on his motard last weekend. Pretty cool track.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Awesome man. I live 30 miles from there! I've been over a few times to watch, but never rode there.

Nice pics!!!

·
Registered
6,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nice! BP looks awesome. What org were you there with?
STT is the only org that runs there fyi. yeah im not really getting my upper body over anymore than before its just alot more easy to look like that with the ergos. i was surprised. one thing thats really throwing my game off is that i feel like im leaned way further than before but im actually not so thats taking alot to get used to.

·
Saratogian
3,627 Posts
STT is the only org that runs there fyi. yeah im not really getting my upper body over anymore than before its just alot more easy to look like that with the ergos. i was surprised. one thing thats really throwing my game off is that i feel like im leaned way further than before but im actually not so thats taking alot to get used to.
More traction FTW!!!

How did you like STT "I"? A lot of people that shouldn't be in there IMO....some too slow, some even too fast at times. That's the problem with picking your own group instead of being placed in a group. All in all a good org for sure though.

More pics!

·
Parrothead
560 Posts
Great pics ped!!

·
Registered
6,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
More traction FTW!!!

How did you like STT "I"? A lot of people that shouldn't be in there IMO....some too slow, some even too fast at times. That's the problem with picking your own group instead of being placed in a group. All in all a good org for sure though.

More pics!
well when i would start in the middle of the group in the early sessions i really struggled to keep up and i wasnt even putting a knee down but felt i was trying really hard. i was running absolutely abysmal laptimes and having a bad day. then after lunch i was tired of sitting around and went out on first call but still tried to stay back in the pits cause i thought i was doing horribly. everyone pitted behind so i figured it wasnt going to be hard to pass so what the hell. i got out there and thats when everything finally started clicking. i went like 7 laps and no one came around me. i would look back at the beginning of the back straight and no one was around, i kept thinking there was a flag i didnt see or something. i would start passing lappers at the end of lap 2!!! yeah alot of those guys didnt belong there at all. it was like new riders that didnt hang off the bike or even try to brake deep like they were on the street. i finally got tired of being in traffic with 1k's and pulled out early every time. the brakes started really fading after about 7 laps anyway. i was hitting the rev limiter in 6th on the back straight and doing a stopie until i started to downshift. this track i actually really need to get a damper for because of all the crests. i was getting headshake something fierce (almost ramping the bike). that killed alot of confidence to go wot when i knew i could. its really worth it to get the nerve to pit at the front but its something you should really do especially on this bike. being behind all these guys in I is horrible and ruins the trackday.

·
FZ6 Corner Carver
12,159 Posts
man sounds like i need to schedule a day at mid-ohio next season... sounds like you had a fun time and it sounds like a really technical track... glad you had fun and awesome pics...

·
Registered
6,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
okay i realise its totally weak and all that but it was my second session damnit. the video is zoomed in too so it looks a bit weird but whatever.

YouTube - mid-ohio

our over crowded garage pit

me struggling to hang on the straights

one of my buddies talking to a control rider

a quick shot of all of us coming down the front straight with me doing an emergency pass on the outside of a control rider going real slow, i miss him by maybe a foot. luckily i had just enough of curbing to make it.
MVI_1151 on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

·
Registered
7,723 Posts
a quick shot of all of us coming down the front straight with me doing an emergency pass on the outside of a control rider going real slow, i miss him by maybe a foot. luckily i had just enough of curbing to make it.
MVI_1151 on Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Holy hell that was close.

·
I am MOTARDED
3,089 Posts
More traction FTW!!!

some too slow, some even too fast at times. That's the problem with picking your own group instead of being placed in a group. All in all a good org for sure though.

More pics!
I cant really say this with out being a smart ass but .....DUH!!! what do you think its called intermedate? you have people coming up from the duckyline riding novice which are slower and got the guys who should be in Advance, blitzing by.
I will admit I'm a slower type intermedate guy. I'm not fast like those in advance. but I can hold my line and keep a good pace.
what pains me about stt is the novice group. the ideal of the ducky line is alright in a way, but you end up like a slinky. some dude will nail the brakes then take off and you cant brake formation to pass. so it ends up being a spirited ride in the twisties. hell I can play follow the leader on the weekends and not spend as much cash.
I think team promotion had a better setup with the white group. go to the classroom then ride like intermeadate's each session and a coach would ride by and correct you if needed.

·
the joke is in your hand
8,594 Posts
I cant really say this with out being a smart ass but .....DUH!!! what do you think its called intermedate? you have people coming up from the duckyline riding novice which are slower and got the guys who should be in Advance, blitzing by.
I will admit I'm a slower type intermedate guy. I'm not fast like those in advance. but I can hold my line and keep a good pace.
what pains me about stt is the novice group. the ideal of the ducky line is alright in a way, but you end up like a slinky. some dude will nail the brakes then take off and you cant brake formation to pass. so it ends up being a spirited ride in the twisties. hell I can play follow the leader on the weekends and not spend as much cash.
I think team promotion had a better setup with the white group. go to the classroom then ride like intermeadate's each session and a coach would ride by and correct you if needed.
my last trackday was getting like this, then they started to break us up in groups of about 6. they would let 6 or so go and make it down to turn one and then let 6 more of us go, wait till they hit turn one and let 6 or so more go. etc..
it worked perfectly. no bunched up groups of guys that were too slow holding up everyone else.

ped, I don't think you give yourself enough credit. you are hanging with and passing sportbikes on a FZ6 with a stock suspension at a track that will put a good suspension to hard work.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts