Sport Bikes banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
An Islander eh?!?
Joined
·
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went searching lastnight but didn't come up with anything I was looking for.

There are alot of vids and sounds clips of other exhaust systems but not the Micron slip ons...

So does anyone out there have a set from Micron? Have a sound clip or know where there is one? The Micron site only has pictures and prices...

I had a full Micron System on my last bike and was quite happy with it.

Thanks in advance for any help.

k_902
 

·
Sperm bank loan officer
Joined
·
375 Posts
I am a micron fan and wanted to get one of there systems too. I could not find anyone that has bought one probably because of the price, last time I checked the slip ons were over $800.
 

·
An Islander eh?!?
Joined
·
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
bulldogr6 said:
I am a micron fan and wanted to get one of there systems too. I could not find anyone that has bought one probably because of the price, last time I checked the slip ons were over $800.

Yea they do seem to be more expensive but they look great in the pictures. The last system I had sounded great, and was every happy with it. Also I believe you get what you pay for. Everyone else has the cheaper systems, I like to be a little different and have something I want even if it costs and little more.

However I would like to hear from someone that has the system. And a sound clip would be great!
 

·
Born to Lose, Live to Win
Joined
·
1,200 Posts
I don't mean to theadjack here, but just throwing in my two cents... I like Micron's looks, but they really aren't a true Y pipe, the split on them for the FZ6 is like that of Scorpion's, just a parallel connection. I'm sure it doesn't make a difference, but I notice on cold days when I am next to my buddy, his exhaust is noticebly coming out of one pipe moreso than the other whereas my Leo's are pretty equal. But I'm sure that has nothing to do with performance because its still coming out!

/rant
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
66 Posts
I'm trying to get a sound clip..........

Just have to borrow a friends video camera, and will get short film and sound clip......

Flatout preparing my track bike for racing in a fortnights time.... :)
 

·
An Islander eh?!?
Joined
·
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OzzieFZ6S said:
I'm trying to get a sound clip..........

Just have to borrow a friends video camera, and will get short film and sound clip......

Flatout preparing my track bike for racing in a fortnights time.... :)

That would be great man,

Have fun @ the race!
 

·
☺
Joined
·
879 Posts
brainfrz said:
I don't mean to theadjack here, but just throwing in my two cents... I like Micron's looks, but they really aren't a true Y pipe, the split on them for the FZ6 is like that of Scorpion's, just a parallel connection. I'm sure it doesn't make a difference, but I notice on cold days when I am next to my buddy, his exhaust is noticebly coming out of one pipe moreso than the other whereas my Leo's are pretty equal. But I'm sure that has nothing to do with performance because its still coming out!

/rant
the y-pipe on the scorpions branch off on a 90 degree angle, the microns branch off like the termignoni's.
the exhaust used in the fazer cup were termignonis. the termis don't have a true y-pipe either. i don't think that they were chosen because of their cost. termis are more expensive than any other brands of aftermarket exhausts. i guess that leaves the performance part then? :D just my 2 cents
 

·
Born to Lose, Live to Win
Joined
·
1,200 Posts
enfant said:
the y-pipe on the scorpions branch off on a 90 degree angle, the microns branch off like the termignoni's.
the exhaust used in the fazer cup were termignonis. the termis don't have a true y-pipe either. i don't think that they were chosen because of their cost. termis are more expensive than any other brands of aftermarket exhausts. i guess that leaves the performance part then? :D just my 2 cents
I'm no expert on exhaust, but as long as there is an outlet for exhaust, I guess its all good. After looking at several pipes though, I was sold on the design of Leo's. Nice point though enfant.
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top