Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Smiley Gladhands
3,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I have to say that I love my new tires. I put the new Michelin Pilot Power tires on my bike last week, and they are, by far, the best tires I have ever ridden. I got them at www.kneedraggers.com for $311 shipped for the 190/50-17 and 120/70-17. I haven't been able to spin the rear exiting a curve yet. Here's a few closeup pics of them on the bike...

Attachments

·
#1 Gear Nazi
4,748 Posts
They are nice tires. I take it you are more comfortable on right corners than left? That's what the pictures are saying. If you really wanna feel some nice DOT tires try the Michelin Pilot DOT Race tires, they just have a couple short tread marks here and there, they are awesome. I've used them on my street bikes ever since they first came out.

·
Registered
475 Posts
the dude just put them on - he's barely even had a chance to scrub them in properly and people are already criticizing that he's not using all the of the tire yet... sheesh...

nice pics, and thanks for the info about the tires.

·
Registered
126 Posts
freeride said:
Why would you put a 190 on a 929?
929's came stock with 190. Although I put 180 on mine.
I am really curious how many miles your going to get out of them. Please update the situation when your rear tire is shot.

·
Registered
569 Posts
freeride said:
Why would you put a 190 on a 929?
Because he was having problems with the 180 spinning up while exiting a twisteez. :twofinger

·
Registered
569 Posts
ps -> I'm teasing, please don't hurt me.

·
Smiley Gladhands
3,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
firefighter81 said:
They are nice tires. I take it you are more comfortable on right corners than left? That's what the pictures are saying. If you really wanna feel some nice DOT tires try the Michelin Pilot DOT Race tires, they just have a couple short tread marks here and there, they are awesome. I've used them on my street bikes ever since they first came out.
I took a set of H2's off my bike when I put these on. They scared me because they had gone through so many heat cycles. Race tires take a little too long to heat up and once you've put them through 10 or more heat cycles, they just don't get as sticky.

·
Smiley Gladhands
3,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Tiamat said:
the dude just put them on - he's barely even had a chance to scrub them in properly and people are already criticizing that he's not using all the of the tire yet... sheesh...

nice pics, and thanks for the info about the tires.
No problem. I have been taking it relatively easy on the new tires. The front tire turns in better than any tire I have ever ridden...of course that may be due to the fact that I replaced a really worn front tire. I don't mind people ragging me for the chicken strips...I know I ride like a schoolgirl. I just wanted to let everyone know about a great product. I will keep you posted on the wear issue.

·
Registered
47 Posts
those look like they might be not as good in the rain. The deepness of the tread and amount of tread makes that look like it's almost a DOT race tire.

·
#1 Gear Nazi
4,748 Posts
Personally, if it's raining outside I'm not gonna ride, so having a little bit of tread doesn't really matter that much to me. If I get caught in the rain, it's just a matter of being super-careful all the way back home, or find shelter and hide out till the rain quits.

·
#1 Gear Nazi
4,748 Posts
snigg said:
anyone else getting hungry? :twofinger :lol
Hahahaha, with the way he uses those tires he won't EVER get that off. At least everyone knows now.

·
Smiley Gladhands
3,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
crazeinc said:
those look like they might be not as good in the rain. The deepness of the tread and amount of tread makes that look like it's almost a DOT race tire.
Supposedly they are great in the rain. They've got to be better in the rain than my Pilot Race H2's that I took off. They are also 6% softer than the next softest street tire. Here's a write-up on the tire...

http://www.hardracing.com/Misc/Michelin Pilot Power.htm

·
Registered
304 Posts
chaOs said:
929's came stock with 190. Although I put 180 on mine.
I am really curious how many miles your going to get out of them. Please update the situation when your rear tire is shot.
I know that, I had one. As testified to by your change, and mine, the 180 handles much better than the 190. I guess a poser like this dude wouldn't care about that, though. DUDE, THAT'S A WIDE TIRE!

:)

Mykl said:
Because he was having problems with the 180 spinning up while exiting a twisteez. :twofinger
Heh. :D

·
Registered
400 Posts
I can't believe you guys are ragging on him, shit, he just had a new set of tires put on, I think he is doing pretty good where he is at. I can't even remember how many threads I have read of people going down on new or cold tires. Take at easy on him. Personally, I like the 190 rear tire, I know that the 180 will turn in faster, but he is riding the street not the track. If you were going to do a track day, I would slap a 180 on IMO

·
Registered
39 Posts
Glad you like the tires.
I'm waiting for my size to come in stock for my street bike.

When I take the H2s off the track bike I'll put the Pilot Power Races on (once they come out)

1 - 20 of 52 Posts