Sport Bikes banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was wondering what would be better? Having the rubber frame sliders, of thick metal frame sliders. My friend gave me a set of custom metal frame sliders which are rather THICK!! But was wondering on what the majority of you all would think. Thanks.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Metal does not slide well against the asphalt. Instead, due to the hard composite, I've seen a couple of them put a dent on the frame.

Use plastic frame sliders. I've crash tested 3x to know they work well. :D

·
Registered
912 Posts
metal ones can also break engine mounts if the bike is dropped hard enough

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
Ha, I see you are learning Rob. You should try to avoid metal frame sliders. Composite or Delrin sliders work the best. You want the material to absorb the impact so the bike does not flip. And as said before, metal can spark.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Casket Crew said:
Alum. is very soft and wont spark. I think you should use wooden ones, the're the best. :twofinger
I was thinking about wood, but thought....if it rains, its water logged....... :twofinger

·
Registered
886 Posts
My friend went down recently and his plastic slider shattered on impact. It reduced the amount of damage done but it could have been a lot better.

·
You will be missed Shawn
6,508 Posts
i personally do not think metal of any sort would be a good idea. just my .02. just go w/the plastic. I mean unless your bike is a show bike which is never ridden.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I'm sorry to say I have crash tested a set of plastic (vortex??) sliders and some composite comes (freestyle) and the plastic ones just cracked. The composites actuly slid and did their job well.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts