Sport Bikes banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Figured with all the harley bashing that occasionally goes on here I'll contribute something good. I met up with another guy that rides and we stopped in at a 7-11 to get something to drink. While we were sitting around talking to some guys that pulled up in their car, a guy rolled in on a harley with his wife on back and parked next to us. Yea like a typical owner he said, "you guys need a real bike," with a smile on his face. Gets off and asks us a whole bunch of questions about our bikes and my friend's dad's harley. We wind up talking about riding for a few min and the fun times we've had on bikes. His not so bad lookin wife sat on my bike and didn't like the ergonomics too much but thought it was cool no the less! I offered a ride but she said she couldn't ride in or on anything other than american, oh well. But yes, there are cool harley guys out there. Guys who really don't care what bike you ride, as long as you care about riding.

·
IM A BAD ASS WITH A STICK
374 Posts
most people i meet are like that allways friendly and nice ive only seen like 2 or 3 that are real dicks.....reminds me of when i was caught in a rain storm i stopped to stay dry and a bike cop pulls in after me we stood there for about 10 mins till the rain stopped and shared some storries then we left on our way

·
Registered
283 Posts
When I was first starting riding, I was trying to start on a hill, to get up to a stopsign.. very steep hill with gravel etc. and it had just been raining. Anyways, my back tire started skipping and then went into more or less a burnout. I get to the top and grab a handfull of brakes, and come very very close to dropping the bike. Cars are pissed and honking cause I stalled after I grabed the brakes, but I'm too fucking shaken to start the bike up again.

A big truck with a bunch of harley stickers on it pulls up. The guy rolls down his window, bald headed badass harley looking guy shouts "Hey buddy" and I'm thinking, oh great, now this asshole is gonna make some stupid fucking comment.. but too my surprise he said somthing like "You handled that pretty well, I've been riding 14 years, and I dropped my bike on this hill last month.. hang in there man" And he gave me a thumbs up and drove off.

That comment totally turned my day around, I got back on the bike and had a great ride.

Just goes to show that bikers are bikers, and the real riders will always help out another biker no matter what they ride.

·
Registered
117 Posts
MattLikesBikes said:
When I was first starting riding, I was trying to start on a hill, to get up to a stopsign.. very steep hill with gravel etc. and it had just been raining. Anyways, my back tire started skipping and then went into more or less a burnout. I get to the top and grab a handfull of brakes, and come very very close to dropping the bike. Cars are pissed and honking cause I stalled after I grabed the brakes, but I'm too fucking shaken to start the bike up again.

A big truck with a bunch of harley stickers on it pulls up. The guy rolls down his window, bald headed badass harley looking guy shouts "Hey buddy" and I'm thinking, oh great, now this asshole is gonna make some stupid fucking comment.. but too my surprise he said somthing like "You handled that pretty well, I've been riding 14 years, and I dropped my bike on this hill last month.. hang in there man" And he gave me a thumbs up and drove off.

That comment totally turned my day around, I got back on the bike and had a great ride.

Just goes to show that bikers are bikers, and the real riders will always help out another biker no matter what they ride.

That is a cool little story man.... Any cool Bike rider is cool with me

cool cool cool :twofinger

·
Registered
765 Posts
There are a few cool ones out there. I was sitting in a parking lot (on my furred bike at that), waiting on my cousin to get back out, and this guy on a Harley swings in. Pretty nice bike, but I have no idea which dyna wide fat low boy super glide it was.

Anyway, he sat there talking for about 10 mins. Thought the fur was unique, and then we discussed why we needed coats that day (yes we were squildy), because it was cold. Then he just says "ride safe", and left.

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
I run into more cool Harley riders then @sshole ones, well at least here in Ky. In Mn, thats diff... all but a few were @ssholes.

·
rebel litre
3,748 Posts
when i had my 6 i pulled up to a bar back home and parked right near the door. that's when a guy on a custome harley comes up and parks next to me( mind you it was more of a harley-type bar). he gets off his bike , comes over to me(still sitting on it)
and shakes my hand while saying "nice bike". then he says "it's not what you ride, the point is, you ride." i answer back"indeed!" we both go in and have a drink(club soda). needless to say that i was the only black man in the joint!

·
Registered
459 Posts
this weekend a bunch of my friends and I went to a fireworks show... since this is Milwaukee, land of harleys.. we came in and were the only sportbikes in a sea of chrome and steel.. we are used to this and parked like normal.. went to the fireworks show.. came back and were getting ready.. in the parking lot the harley guys would rev their engines and give us a look.. everyone is pretty much piped so we'd rev (some of the guys bouncing it off the rev limiter) and look back at them.. this proceeded to go back and forth the whole time everyone was gearing up and everything.. everyone was laughing..

we then went into traffic.. bumper to bumper.. revving our engines.. beeping our horns at each other.. and laughing our asses off, generally having a good time.. it got to the point where cars joined in and everyone was having a good time..

I'm thankful for times like that.. I think I lost a few brain cells from all the exhaust I consumed from all the revving and being stuck in traffic with a million bikes in a small area.. but it was fun :)

·
Registered
558 Posts
Do Harley riders stick their noses up at Victories, because they are american, faster than a harley, and alot cheaper.

Just wondering, my dad is thinkin of opening a Victory/Polaris dealership.

·
Registered
461 Posts
I've noticed a decent amount of Harley riders digging the Suzuki. I think it's because of the exhaust. And that's with the quiet stockers on there. Just few more days until my Two Bros pipes arrive. I can't wait.. :alky

·
Registered
353 Posts
Neverlose said:
Do Harley riders stick their noses up at Victories, because they are american, faster than a harley, and alot cheaper.

Just wondering, my dad is thinkin of opening a Victory/Polaris dealership.
I don't know where you get "cheaper" from with Victory Motorcycles.

I've never seen one on the road here.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Of course there are cool Harley riders! I happen to be one of them. I have had sportbikers turn their noses up at me when I am on mine, but I always wave. On the flip side, I have had Harley riders do the same thing when I am by myself on the RC-51. Either way I always wave!

·
Registered
558 Posts
RussXL said:
I don't know where you get "cheaper" from with Victory Motorcycles.

I've never seen one on the road here.
cheaper than a comparable harley.

·
I own license2ill
5,679 Posts
every one is hijacking this thread guess its my turn.
my whole family has harleys but me i have one but it needs some work anyway they are all pretty good guys in general. There are some ass holes on sportbikes also though so i dont mind talking to them or riding with them

·
Registered
56 Posts
96SNAKE/03RR said:
I've noticed a decent amount of Harley riders digging the Suzuki. I think it's because of the exhaust. And that's with the quiet stockers on there. Just few more days until my Two Bros pipes arrive. I can't wait.. :alky

[Butthead] "You will see the top of the mountain.... and it will be good" [/Butthead]

·
Registered
29 Posts
My buddy rides a Harley and has saved many sportbike riders a lot of money by waving for them to slow down because of a cop up ahead.

·
Registered
522 Posts
I met alot of cool Harley riders up at Laconia Bike Week this year. biker's from all around, asking how fast they are, comfort and all that. then we'd switch the conversation over to thier bikes. it was a good time.....

1 - 18 of 18 Posts