Sport Bikes banner

Mercedes AMG acquires 25% interest in MV Agusta

2K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  jeffo8 
#1 ·
#4 ·
finally. I've been waiting for MB to get their hands on MV Agusta or another motorcycle manufacturer. They should just buy it outright and get it over with.

Aston Martin should be next on their list of acquisitions. That and now that Ferrari is being spun off from Fiat and will be doing an "IPO" which leaves them open to ownership. Last thing the auto industry and the consumers need is Volkswagen to buy it.

#5 ·
I don't see VW buying Ferrari. I don't see Ferrari handling being owned by the same company that owns and runs Lambo.

#10 ·
the people at ferrari would care.

and a large amount of the buyer base would care. Ferrari's regularly get outrun by cheaper cars. it's an image thing.

#11 ·
where would Ferrari's buyer base run to?

i don't really get "image" stuff, but as far as i can tell ferrarri's image is based on "we build F1 cars, and for a whole bunch of money you can own a really exspensive car with our logo on it".

So long as whoever buys Ferrari also buys the use of the name Ferrari for a F1 team and keeps it racing, i don't see why the image would break down.

Any way the only other companies i could see Ferrari's buyer base switching to is Mclaren with its F1 legacy, Porsche with its racing legacy, or audi with its LeMans victories.

of those all but Mclaren are already owned by vw.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.