Sport Bikes banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just moved to Louisville,KY and it is REDICULOUSLY hard to meet any people outside of the ones that I work with. I am a Mechanican Engineer so that limits the cool factor of my peers at work quite a bit. I am recently (8 Months) out of a serious relationship and I would like to meet a girl worth my time! Anyone have any suggestions on how to meet a "good girl" a.k.a. not a bar whore in a new town where you have no other friends? I am very social, but I have never faced this type of situation before...

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I do go out on a limb all the time, numbers are given to me, call to ask them out and then there is some line about how they are dating someone...What's the deal there? If you give the number, do you not expect a call?

·
Banned
4,616 Posts
McPhail4 said:
I do go out on a limb all the time, numbers are given to me, call to ask them out and then there is some line about how they are dating someone...What's the deal there? If you give the number, do you not expect a call?

Welcome back to "the game." :)

Just live brother, this stuff all happens naturally too. Or you can simply be on the prowl everywhere you go. Or...I think they have grocery stores where the chicks are. Just ask a clerk they'll point you to the correct isle. :D

But seriously folks, it's just a numbers thing, if you stay in your home all day and talk to nobody you'll meet nobody. If you're out doing your thang and putting yourself in social situations you'll meet new people all over...well provided your name isn't jo-jo.

·
Show them to me...
5,983 Posts
McPhail4 said:
Got that once. Hot girl walked into a reteraunt with (I presume) her mom. Went and asked for her number. When I called, she was shocked that I called and blew me off. Said that she thought I was only coming to get her number on a dare from some friend I was with. WTF?!

·
Premium Member
45,772 Posts
McPhail4 said:
I only give my number out so they can call if they want to ride, so yes I do expect a call. :D

·
Ooh lawd!
8,466 Posts
Want to ride huh? Hmmm...

I'm going to say the same thing I say over and over.

You're 22. Go find some hotties to poke and be done with. You won't find a good one until you're older, and even more specifically, she's older.

Or, date older women?

·
Registered
277 Posts
just find yourself a sugar momma and all your worries will be gone haha

·
Premium Member
45,772 Posts
I've got dibs on the next sugar momma that appears. :neener

I need someone to support my track habit.

·
Registered
277 Posts
acalliste said:
I've got dibs on the next sugar momma that appears. :neener

I need someone to support my track habit.
gotta get past me first! haha

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
does the "Egin-Nerd" career scare them away?

Maybe the slide ruler in the pocket protector?

Just kidding - keep looking and good hunting.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
An older sugar momma would be the ticket it seems...I like Czolgosz's advise and I think that is it, I'm just gonna do my own thing and let it take care of itself. I suppose I'm really in no condition to deal with another serious relationship anyhow...Just the one between me and my bike, that sexy minx.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
KatanaMike said:

Maybe the slide ruler in the pocket protector?

Just kidding - keep looking and good hunting.
You would think it would, but women get more interested when you tell them what you do. That's the confusing part, they offer up their number and tell you to call, when you do they act really weird.

-No worries tho, I don't exactly fit the "engi-nerd" profile...Thank god!:beer

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
just get out and get numbers i do it all the time but rarely use them. I might call once leave a VM and then never call agian.

Somehow you will meet a friend of a friend and settle down, however i'm too scared to settle down just yet. To young

·
Banned
420 Posts
KatanaMike said:
:lao The engineers I know are far more successful at the dating game than the non-engineers. The BMEs claim it's due to their knowledge of systems biology. :neener I guess McPhail here will have to wow the ladies with fluid dynamics. :boink :lol

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
:slaugh I can show them some pretty sweet fluid dynamics too!!

·
RESIDENT ASSHOLE
8,497 Posts
dude what the fuck is wrong with people?

I can meet chicks in a grocerie store for crying out loud...........

"Hey" with my wannabe cool cat smile.............usually gets me

"Fuck you!" or........."Id really love to fuck you"

Its a coin toss baby but you cant be afraid to toss the coin.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts