Sport Bikes banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
376 Posts
"the navy did not provide a cause of death"....he's 81.

He was probably out on his bike doing wheelies and lost control. :smilierr
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
615 Posts
Yeah I read this earlier. Sad but, he lived a full life.
 

·
Just puttin' along
Joined
·
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks like its was complications from Alzheimer’s.Kolranch I assume that was a weak attempt at humor?
 

·
Head Rooster
Joined
·
3,438 Posts
Medal of Honor recipients aren't winners. It's not a game.

Quote from a MoH recipient.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
376 Posts
red_devil1469 said:
Looks like its was complications from Alzheimer’s.Kolranch I assume that was a weak attempt at humor?
I just found it funny that they wrote right away that they didn't provide a cause of death when he was 81...sorry I pissed you off. :confused:
 

·
Just puttin' along
Joined
·
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Its cool Kolranch, just checking.ASCI very true and corrected.
 

·
Official SBN Party Pooper
Joined
·
20,262 Posts
RIP

There's a good book out there that gives the actual account from the people who received the Medal of Honor. It goes from WWII to Vietnam. Great book. Definitly worth the read. For the life me can't remember the name of it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11 Posts
RIP

I think the book you are talking about Rascus is Beyond Glory by Larry Smith. Stockdale's account is in the book.

Just picked it up for 5 bucks at half price books, but havent got the chance to start yet.

I just looked at a little of his story and he was in captivity for 7 1/2 years, 4 years of solitary and tortured 15 times. wow.
 

·
Head Rooster
Joined
·
3,438 Posts
red_devil1469 said:
Its cool Kolranch, just checking.ASCI very true and corrected.

:dblthumb
 

·
Official SBN Party Pooper
Joined
·
20,262 Posts
Laxman said:
RIP

I think the book you are talking about Rascus is Beyond Glory by Larry Smith. Stockdale's account is in the book.

Just picked it up for 5 bucks at half price books, but havent got the chance to start yet.

I just looked at a little of his story and he was in captivity for 7 1/2 years, 4 years of solitary and tortured 15 times. wow.

Yup, that's the book.

He also was in leg shackles for over 2yrs as well.
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top